MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation help ( after chmod step )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

I have signed up to a host ( 1and1), downloaded mybb, downloaded Filezilla, uploaded the files to the host, performed all the chmod steps, now, when I try to access my website (ie www.gheryfh/forums/install ), nothing happens, i get error 404 Page cannot be found . I must have missed something, tried everything 3 times with the same results. Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Tom
A 404 means the files can't be found, make sure they're in the place you're trying to load.
(2009-08-18, 05:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]A 404 means the files can't be found, make sure they're in the place you're trying to load.

Figures. I saw another post a bit below this one where the user had the same issue, but do not see a resolve. I have attached a screenshot ( cut ) of my Filezilla folders. The address I am trying to access is www."mysitename".com/forums/install ...... The Forums folder has been created on my FTP ( under root ). This is a brand new site btw, using 1and1 as a host. Therefore, there is nothing there, just a template I published from the 1and1 site. Should I remove that ? Anything else you think I may be doing incorrectly ? I appreciate the help, been trying to get this going for a few hours ( off and on ), kinda stuck again.

Thanks !

Tom
Actually, do you think it's because I have the 1and1 "beginner" package ? Or you wouldn't know ?

EDIT: Just checked, it says Confusedcripts Supported PHP4,PHP5

Thanks

Tom
Got it working now. I'm a newbie at this. Put everything in a different folder

Cheers

Tom