MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for skinners and coders for mybb themeshop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok! I'm looking to open up my own business by selling themes. I do have some experience in graphics, but I'm novice in coding which is getting me nowhere.

I am looking for people who are willing to be become part of our skinning team. I am looking to make professional and affordable themes, and when we get our first few purchases, everyone involved in that theme will gain too. How much depends on the quality of our themes and how much we can get for our themes.

I am currently looking for:

1 co-manager

1-2 coder(s)
1 graphics artist

We'll start off small at first, but if we do get more people we can do alot more.

Much love,

Cassie. Smile
(2009-08-19, 11:06 AM)Cassie Wrote: [ -> ]I do have some experience in graphics, but I'm novice in coding which is getting me nowhere.

So basically you want people to code for your site to make you and your site money. No disrespect intended but I don't think you will have many takers when I doubt you are capable of fulfilling your role as manager and making your contribution to the project.

Can I suggest a better approach to this would be to learn to design yourself then start offering paid themes under your brand then when the work load exceeds your capacity you look for other people to get on board.
(2009-08-19, 11:15 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-19, 11:06 AM)Cassie Wrote: [ -> ]I do have some experience in graphics, but I'm novice in coding which is getting me nowhere.

So basically you want people to code for your site to make you and your site money. No disrespect intended but I don't think you will have many takers when I doubt you are capable of fulfilling your role as manager and making your contribution to the project.

Can I suggest a better approach to this would be to learn to design yourself then start offering paid themes under your brand then when the work load exceeds your capacity you look for other people to get on board.
Actually, I do know how to code, but not enough to make an impressive theme. And I am experienced in graphics too.

This is an offer for anyone who does want to make their own themeshop but doesn't have the base; which I do have. And I have enough resources for promotion and already have spent money on the resources needed for it.

This is just for anyone who needs the advantage of that.

If you read above too, you notice I do slice the profits for themes that are bought.
I am not am expert at coding, but it's called learning. You search the software and learn by trial and error, W3 schools actually help. Either way, good luck.
I'd recommend to start of with some sample designs or prooves of your work.
After that I might be interested.
I would code the themes if you had all the images, etc done.

However I have 1 Condition. You Must allow me to release them on my site under the Subscriptions Theme Database.
Your subscriptions theme database? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? The OP wants it the be in their own subscribable database from what I can read.
But If I am helping coding them, I want to release them on my site as well.