MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What are templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm usually very happy to RTFM, but I can't seem to find TFM.

What are templates? Do they determine the layout of the forum? For example, if I want to move the Post button up would I modify a template? In any case, where can I read about that?

Also, how can I hide all the stars for all users (including admin) and all of this information:

Group: Registered
Many thanks in advance!

Pahidla
heloo there

Quote:Also, how can I hide all the stars for all users (including admin) and all of this information:

Group: Registered
these are found in postbit templates!! admin cp > templates > modify/delete > expand > post bit templates > postbit
and delete this

<span class="smalltext">
$post[usertitle]<br />
$post[userstars]
$post[groupimage]<br />
$post[useravatar]<br />
$lang->postbit_posts $post[postnum]<br />
$lang->postbit_group $usergroup[title]<br />
$lang->postbit_joined $post[userregdate]<br />
$lang->postbit_status $post[onlinestatus]$post[replink]<br />
</span>

for the rest of the things, well u will have to see, where is that button, and think where it might be, i mean it's like logic at the first days, but later u will understand it, and u check the templates, the nearest, and sure u will find it.

regards
Thanks, that worked great!

And yes, I will get better with experience.

For now, can you tell me where the options are for rearranging the stuff on the "Post a New Reply" page. For example, we want "Post Reply", etc buttons to appear above the editor window (some of our users are not savvy enough to scroll down).

Thanks
heloo there

you will have to go in the templates manager > New Reply Templates > newreply

in there find this code

<center><input type="submit" name="submit" value="$lang->post_reply" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" name="previewpost" value="$lang->preview_post" tabindex="4" />$savedraftbutton  <input type="reset" name="reset" value="$lang->reset_button" tabindex="5" /></center>

delete it,

now find

$loginbox
<tr>

and just below it add

<td colspan="2" class="trow2"><center><input type="submit" name="submit" value="$lang->post_reply" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" name="previewpost" value="$lang->preview_post" tabindex="4" />$savedraftbutton  <input type="reset" name="reset" value="$lang->reset_button" tabindex="5" /></center></td>
  </tr>
<tr>

this will place it above the subject

regards

Great!

Thanks!
As you probably found out, templates contain the HTML, the layout of the forum.