MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: http://idroppedie6.com/
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everyone if you dropped ie6 add you site!

http://idroppedie6.com/
Woot. Site 555.
Interesting find there. How did you chance upon it?
Will sign that once my site is up and running.
Nice, but there are many little childrens:

Quote:I Dropped IE 6 Because...

It sucks, Microcrap sucks, and Firefox is better.

So, is this a proper reason?

btw: If my site runs properly in IE6 but I have no special workaround made for this browser: Does this mean I dropped the support for it? ... think about it ... Wink
(2009-08-20, 12:55 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]btw: If my site runs properly in IE6 but I have no special workaround made for this browser: Does this mean I dropped the support for it? ... think about it ... Wink

It's not really a matter of it working in 6 or not, it's just a matter of "Did I specifically adjust my HTML, CSS & Images to work with Internet Explorer 6?"

I, for one, don't care anymore. It's getting ridiculous.
I still do IE6 workarrounds for my new projects.
All this "IE6 no more, let it die"-talk at the moment... it goes on my nervs Wink
(2009-08-20, 02:08 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I still do IE6 workarrounds for my new projects.
All this "IE6 no more, let it die"-talk at the moment... it goes on my nervs Wink

I am in the same situation as you Lennart!

As a Hardware/Software engineer with 35 years of experience i have always adapted myself to the need of the industry, my customers and people in general. For this reason i still adapt all my applications for the most used browsers on the internet, whatever how old they are.

I believe that the ones who complains are the ones not having the patience or the competence to adjust themself to the need of many people still using old browsers for many reasons. They are probably not aware that in foreign countries there are still people not having the hardware available for more modern browsers...

Following their own logic people should discard any internet application having bugs for years and not following other group ways of thinking, conception and application. What should we say about MyBB and any other forums like phpBB? Should we post banners to ban hundreds or thousands of always defective or insecure applications? Are people supposed to upgrade all their life for the sake of bad programmers or hackers? How would you react if VBulletin would ask their customers to post such banners to ban MyBB for any reason?

It is a shame to see so many young people who care more about themself than the rest of the world, but this is the problem of the last decades. It is always more easy to tell many people to adjust themself to our own self centered needs!

For myself i will still verify any applications to work correctly for IE6.0 until that browser is used in less than 1% of internet accesses.

Maybe some will consider my post offensive, but as other people around here i have found their posts even more offensive to my own professionnal and human values.

Please have respect for others and if you want to isolate yourself in a corner by denying access to an old browser, do so without trying to influence others to follow you in your own corner.

Angry

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with Microsoft...
Good post.

I think the people banning IE6 at the moment should read it completely and think about it.

And it's always necessary to watch the stats of the personal site - even if IE6 is used by less then 1% of the internet users - one of these users could be the 500post poster at my board who's online 22/7.

Regards
Lennart Sauter
But if we keep supporting it for our needs (sites I mean) aren't we like saying "no problem, you can use it as I have millions of hacks to make IE6 fully compatible with my site, so you may use it, no need to install firefox or whatsoever"?
Pages: 1 2