MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Successful, weirdo bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
are u sure you have followed all the installtion steps,and configured ur sql correctly , and had no problem during the installion process ~!! ?

can u also just breif the steps u passed by.

regards
Yes I had no problems.
I chmoed the dir uploads/ and uploads/avatars to 777
config.php and settings.php to 666
Than configured the MySQL (I know it's right because when I messed it up I got an error on the installation), registered an admin account and forums name and stuff. The installation was successfull, went to index, had to delet /install/, deleted, and got that weird error, I have uninstalled and installed it 3 times... always the same error....

I'll try again with another mysql user, database, and admin password, everything different...

Edit: Just tried, I'm completely lost, I reuploaded all files, created new databases, new usernames, everything different... same error...
well all ur versions seems to be ok, all ur settings are ok, must it be a problem with ur hosting ??

regards
I don't think so... I have installed IPB a few times, didn't get a trouble. A server that supports IPB should support MyBB?
Do I need PHP5?

I find this very odd, as the when I access /admin/ it's all ok...
I noticed this also happens with some the files on the first directory, like http://www.underio.com/forums/showthread.php

Yet http://www.underio.com/forums/admin/ works...
PHP5 would be preferable. Try uninstalling and reinstalling with PHP5
heloo there,

i think ur version sql 4,is ok

anyway , i recommend trying on a another free hosting, if it works , redirect yours to that hosting

regards
My host is not going to install PHP5, is there another way?
Maybe the files are corrupt. Have you tried redownloading the package and uploading NEW files?

And no, you don't need php5. you need at least php 4.1.0
If you don't know which version you have, create a new php-file with
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
and upload it. and run it.

Also, you said you had an error when installing. Could you say which error it was?
Pages: 1 2