MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question on Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks, I have a simple question here. I am currently using UseBB v1.09 and someone had sent me an email and said for me to come here and inquire on MyBB, they also said that both are nearly written under the same code in a way, I wold like to know just a few things first.

Do you have a converter to convert my UseBB to MyBB? And also, does the UseBB templates work with MyBB? I have to ask this because you see, the main features I look in for a board is the size of it. I do not like the board to be stretched across the screen, I like how UseBB's board is centered in the page and stays that way. The smaller in width it is, the better it works for me because I have set many of my pages/sites in iframes in my 4images I use.

I like UseBB but that place seems to be just dead and half the topics there are outdated or locked so you cant reply to them. Anyways, I am willing to give MyBB a go if it cane meet with what I am seeking. I had just recently bought IPB 3.0 a week and a half ago, but I didnt like it because it really takes a toll on the server and so I dropped that in a flash as soon as I found UseBB.

hope you folks can help me here, like I said, my one main concern is having my board small and centered in the page, not Full screen. Thanks
There's currently no official module for the merge system for UseBB, you may need to go via another software that's supported by the merge system.
(2009-08-20, 06:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's currently no official module for the merge system for UseBB, you may need to go via another software that's supported by the merge system.

ok, so no converter, not really a problem because its not really an active forum yet because I just put it up the other day and have not really told all my members from my 4images about it yet. However, what about the other features I have mentioned above? I see how this MyBB is as I am posting this now with being centered in the page, BUT, I would want the width of this to be smaller then what I am seeing here now. This would be a Huge plus for me. Especially with dark themes.
You wont be able to use UseBB's themes for MyBB. But you can easily customize it the way you like, and there are plenty of themes in the Theme Directory that you may take a liking to.
Yeah, you can't use UseBB themes, but you can make the MyBB theme as wide or narrow as you like; it would simply be a case of editing the width value of the #container class in global.css, in the ACP theme editor.
(2009-08-20, 07:58 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you can't use UseBB themes, but you can make the MyBB theme as wide or narrow as you like; it would simply be a case of editing the width value of the #container class in global.css, in the ACP theme editor.

wow, this rocks, I just did a test install and got myself a quick theme and was able to change the width just like that as per your instructions, so much easier then IPB. Already I am starting to like this even though I have not even looked at most of whats in the ACP. Now, I think I may be able to figure the rest of it out with no problem. All I will need now to actually use MyBB on my main site is a complete Arcade system and I will be a very happy camper. To me, this is a worthy cause to make a donation and I will be doing that in the very near future.

edit,

ok this is really getting confusing trying to find the game packs from that one game site that is listed here, also I cant find the Portal mod either because the search field keeps timing out on me

this is getting too crazy being bounced around all over the place just to get all of this set and ready. Now I am on some dutch board for games that even when I set the place for english its hard to navigate around on. I have 2 days to get my forums back up and running and back implemented into my site again. Until then, I have my whole entire site down "for maintenance" and my members are already sending me email like crap. If anyone can help me to get all this stuff I need I would appreciate it. If there is no available gamepacks for the arcade, then I may as well go back to a different forum soft because I am on a time limit and to install one game at a time and/or to search for games 1 at a time is going to cost me, perhaps the loss of members.
portal mod?

you should just be able to go to portal.php instead of index.php in your forums directory Wink.

About, the games good luck. The arcade plugin maker did have some on his site once(I think). However you'll probably just have to add them 1 by one. It's not really that hard just kind of boring.
(2009-08-21, 06:15 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]portal mod?

you should just be able to go to portal.php instead of index.php in your forums directory Wink.

About, the games good luck. The arcade plugin maker did have some on his site once(I think). However you'll probably just have to add them 1 by one. It's not really that hard just kind of boring.

I have installed 1 game, but I still cannot see anywhere on the forums main page that shows anything to do with the arcade/games. As for the portal goes, the portal mod too I cant find, like I said, the search here keeps timing out on me