MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Advanced Portal V7a
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
what's new with the version? Smile
(2009-09-22, 08:12 AM)bositman Wrote: [ -> ]First of all great work, amazing plugin Smile
Now my problem:
I have my forums in a subdir, www.mysite.com/forum and I want the portal to load from www.mysite.com/portal.php
So, I moved the portal php to the root dir of my site and changed this:
$forumdir = "forum";
in portal.php.
So now www.mysite.com/portal.php works but links on the menu point to www.mysite.com/search.php etc instead of www.mysite.com/forum/search.php
Edit: Actually half work (e.g. stats link correctly, so do thread links but attachments don't!). Seems the ones this plugin adds do not have the /forum/ prefix before the links. Maybe you're not using $mybb->settings['bburl'] as a prefix in the links?
Seems so. Managed to fix the Menu links by changing:
<a href=\"search.php\">Search</a>
to
<a href=\\"{\$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/search.php\">Search</a>
for all menu items in advportal7.php Smile

Also, www.mysite.com/forum/index.php no longer loads now, something to do with the redirection but can't figure it out Confused
Can anyone help?

i never used a forum like yours with sepereted files so i dont know how is it works.
yes i think we forgot about $mybb->settings['bburl'] but normally its not importantthat much but i added this my to do list.

(2009-09-22, 10:01 AM)AndrewPH Wrote: [ -> ]what's new with the version? Smile

some reported issues fixed from v6, a poll setting added so now you can show a poll on portal page, DennisTT's Portal Redirection plugin combined so now you can redirect users to portal page based their cookies. and for other features you can check first post or demo site.
My english it's not very well but... im really happy with this plugin im going to test it, congratulations very nice.

If everything it's okay im going to give you a traduction to Spanish so you can give spanish lenguage support.
im going to make spanish support once they release new fix to 7a
beacuse 7a is buggy
Great Wink so... version 7 it's better than 7a ? im using 7a i only found and error in the Facebook link...

"http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=%url%={\$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']} ...."

You must delete the =%url% you will get:

"http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u={\$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']} ...."

Now works Wink
I recommend you to use v6 and do not upgrade until a new version gets released
Ok thanks Smile

Mmm i think in the next release you can select something like "your theme" to use your personal style of theme i make some manual modifications and work well.
You can use the colours or your skin style that will be perfect Smile
(2009-09-24, 08:35 PM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend you to use v6 and do not upgrade until a new version gets released
currently just two issues reported and i will fix them tomorrow...

(2009-09-24, 07:00 PM)GecKoTDF Wrote: [ -> ]Great Wink so... version 7 it's better than 7a ? im using 7a i only found and error in the Facebook link...

"http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=%url%={\$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']} ...."

You must delete the =%url% you will get:

"http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u={\$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']} ...."

Now works Wink
accualy 7a means 7.1 but who cares tomorrow i release 7.2 for some issues.

(2009-09-24, 09:39 PM)GecKoTDF Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks Smile

Mmm i think in the next release you can select something like "your theme" to use your personal style of theme i make some manual modifications and work well.
You can use the colours or your skin style that will be perfect Smile

i think a lot of times about it but every custom theme can be different for exam. there are a lot of rounded themes and every round image can be different name so we there is not a way to support custom rounded themes Sad
but anyway i want to add support for custom themes too just i dont know how can i do it now Toungue
Nice Smile ok well i make some test with the plugin and you're right the round themes make a lot of problems, in the "portal" template you remplace the .css to {$stylesheet} and works perfect but you must edit manual de code of the round borders, i do it work fine, and you can use the themes switch plugin.

Next version ? nice Smile remember tell us the new changes.

Thanks for the plugin.
nice plugin ,thanks dared and bomfile.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27