MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Compatibility Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok folks, I feel like I am getting the run around here using MyBB because everything is just way too scattered here and I have installed MyBB v1.4.8 and then the MyBB Advanced Portal located here
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-advanced-portal

and then I installed the game mod from the gamesection website and then with the Templates, now everything is getting goofed up because if it isnt one of the features not working, its the other. A majority of the templates isnt saying exactly what version of MyBB they work for because all of them I tried to install says they were made for an older version. I need somebody to help me here please because I have to have my site back up and running in fulll completion by 2 days and have been working on this non-stop.

So what I need to know, if whoever is using MyBB version 1.4.8 with the Portal and the game mod and Templates to please help me get this figured out. I thought I had a hard time with IPB ( which was a waste of money ) but this is becoming just as bad. I have a 108,000+ members waiting to get back online. Thanks

I think this page is Misleading or something

http://mods.mybboard.net/themes

Themes

A collection of exciting themes to truly spice up your board! Each of the downloads in this section is intended for the most recent version of MyBB (1.4.8). To view downloads for older versions of MyBB, see our archived downloads section.

I downloaded this theme AbercromBB and of course, wouldnt you know it, trying to install and it says its made for an older version. So I guess also I am uninstalling the Portal, but dont know if I can still have the gamecenter without the portal
Just click "Ignore version" when uploadign the theme. Regarding the game section and that portal plugin, it's not MyBB's fault.
(2009-08-21, 10:48 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Just click "Ignore version" when uploadign the theme. Regarding the game section and that portal plugin, it's not MyBB's fault.

well I uninstalled that portal mod, but still, I see in the ACP the default portal settings but the only way for me to access the portal is to manually change my link in the address bar from forum/index.php to forum/portal.php. There is no where on the main index to click to take you to the Portal thats already in MyBB
(2009-08-21, 10:54 AM)No14u Wrote: [ -> ]well I uninstalled that portal mod, but still, I see in the ACP the default portal settings but the only way for me to access the portal is to manually change my link in the address bar from forum/index.php to forum/portal.php. There is no where on the main index to click to take you to the Portal thats already in MyBB

You can add one to the header template.