MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL in MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I see that the minimum requirements to MyBB is still set at 4.0, but as I recalled there were some problems with it.
Why not cut out MySQL module and just run with MySQLi module, as you are cutting PHP4 support and MySQLi is available from PHP5 and alot faster than the MySQL module.
And you can set up the minimum requirement for MySQL to 4.1.

(I just downloaded the trunk and saw the mysql module was there still)
I run MySQL 5.0.67 and so does a lot of people. Do you know if there are any syntax changes between MySQLi and MySQL?
What is the difference? I'm pretty sure i'm running and using SQL?
(2009-08-21, 10:15 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]What is the difference? I'm pretty sure i'm running and using SQL?

It's the module for PHP, it's MySQL for PHP 4 (still supported in PHP5) and MySQLi for PHP5.
MySQLi is more advanced and alot better performance wise.

(2009-08-21, 09:56 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I run MySQL 5.0.67 and so does a lot of people. Do you know if there are any syntax changes between MySQLi and MySQL?

All functions are different, but syntax for queries are not, because that's up to the MySQL version not the PHP module.
I'm ok with function changes as I use MyBB's database functions for my plugins.
But if the syntax is the same, I'm ok with it Smile
(2009-08-21, 10:24 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm ok with function changes as I use MyBB's database functions for my plugins.
But if the syntax is the same, I'm ok with it Smile

1.4 already uses MySQLi though (by setting in the installer) but i feel mysql module is redundant.
Yes I know but I have it set to use MySQL
I don't see why, you'll get better performance by switching Smile
Any idea how I can switch to MySQLi? Do I just need to change config.php?
Yea Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4