MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How Would I Do This?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there,

I currently run a forum and I have many guests that just come there to get some information on days when the soccer team my forum is designed are playing.

I want to restrict their access to view these threads, but I want them to know the thread is there. I can not do this via the permission page as I dont have this option. I could remove their ability to view threads in forum but that would mean they did not know the threads were actually already there.

I want it so they have to sign up to view the threads in that forum, without them losing the knowledge that theses threads have been created.

What permissions do I need to edit?

Thanks
So you want them to see the categories without seeing the threads or you want them to see the threads and the categories without actually reading the threads witch one?
The second one, I want them to see the threads and categories without the ability to read the thread.
The current permission system one won't allow that. (even though it's settings say it should every time I try and set it like that it just doesn't work).

However the permission system will be updated in 1.6 so hopefully then Wink.
This was meant to be changed in 1.4.8 to what you need, some people have said it's changed, but some say it hasn't, I'll test it in a bit.
(2009-08-21, 08:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This was meant to be changed in 1.4.8 to what you need, some people have said it's changed, but some say it hasn't, I'll test it in a bit.

Actually I think I was thinking of something else so the other people may be right.

I was thinking of when I was trying to get the forum not to appear in the index but allow people to view the thread listing from a link(that I know doesn't work in 1.4.8(at least on my install)).
(2009-08-21, 08:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This was meant to be changed in 1.4.8 to what you need, some people have said it's changed, but some say it hasn't, I'll test it in a bit.

sir u have said dat there is a plugin for this option...

i.e threads and categories must shown but the content in threads should nt show for example.... we had softwares forum in tat we have posted antivirus latest verson...it had to show the titles bt whn the user cliks that antivirus post it should not show the content....i had to hide...dont we had this feature.....
Just make everything invisible to a guest.
Only make 1 visible forum saing if you register you see rest of the forum-
@MaTu - But that completely defeats the aim they must register to view the thread but if they can not see the thread has been created in it's section then most will think it is not there.
(2009-08-22, 09:11 AM)sharadjalota456 Wrote: [ -> ]@MaTu - But that completely defeats the aim they must register to view the thread but if they can not see the thread has been created in it's section then most will think it is not there.

yes ur right....the threads must show...bt the content in that threads must hide....is their any option like this....thnkx in advance
Pages: 1 2