MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderation not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm pretty experienced PhpBB, VB, SMF etc. user but this is my first test of MyBB and I must say that, hmm, I'm a bit disappointed as it's giving me nothing but headaches.
I'm running the latest forum on my internal test server and the main issue I have is the moderation which simply isn't working.
When ever I try to use moderation options from the drop-down menu inside the thread I get an error saying:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code

The user I'm using is the administrator which is also added to all those moderators, super moderators etc. groups. But it still doesn't work.
I tried setting up another user who only be in the moderators, super moderators group but still no joy...

Other then that I can't access the Mod Cp in any way as the menu link leads me to index.php.

The link that should lead to Mod Cp looks like this:
127.0.0.1//index.php

??? Crazy... And what's with the double '/' ???

Anyway it's a clean and fresh install of the latest MyBB, I installed it for the second time but it just doesn't want to work with me... Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Revert the showthread_moderationoptions template (under showthread templates)...
Cheers,

with showthread_moderationoptions template i only get the Full Edit option. Can't revert.

So i reverted the showthread_inlinemoderation and now the inline moderation from the drop-down menu is working as it should. That's one issue solved.

But the Mod Cp link still looks like this:
127.0.0.1//index.php

What is the proper link? Maybe I will just amend it manually in the template somewhere...
Check what the header_welcomeblock_member_moderator is set to. (Full edit)
The proper link is yourforum.com/modcp.php
Thanks, header_welcomeblock_member_moderator was messed up. Don't know why the bburl parameter wasn't working so fixed it by changing to an ordinary href url.

Shame not everything works out of box but we'll see how my adventure with MyBB will go... It still has a chance with me Wink
The BBUrl Parameter should work are you sure its set correctly in the General Configuration setting?
yup, I'm sure. It just doesn't work. I just noticed the same thing for some header links and had to change them. But that's not a worry now Wink