MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing archive mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) OK looks like it's not as obvious as the main footer... I need to add some text in the archive (lite mode) footer, but can't find it anywhere. It's not in the archive folder, not in the template, where is it, then?

2) And a similar problem with the archive mode index, I need to add some text there, in places where it states the forum name and the info that it's just an archive mode etc. But can't find where those bits of text are located... Help Wink
anybody....?
OK now, got almost everything I was looking for, the text above the footer is in language files.

But still I can not find the file that determines the text in the archive footer. It's driving me mad!
(2009-08-21, 06:06 PM)wojtekor Wrote: [ -> ]But still I can not find the file that determines the text in the archive footer. It's driving me mad!

Do you mean the copyright bit or the navigation??
the copyright bit.
anyone? I still can't find it, not to mention some other bugs that came out in the mean time. The script is, I'm sorry to say, very immature, buggy and weirdly constructed. Shame as I had some hope for the MyBB to be one of production forums I have but it still has a long way to go and is definitely not for me and my need. Shame.

Are there any betas etc I can test? Maybe some bugs were fixed?
If you think there's bugs, report them. What bugs do you think there are?? The 1.4 SVN is available but it's not recommended to be used on a live forum as there's no support for it, it's used at your own risk.

The copyright bit is on line 181 of ./inc/functions_archive.php
Thanks for that but most likely I won't be using it, already decided to stay with SMF.

The bugs I'm talking about were already reported here. (i.e. new user ver. email) The thing is that I don't have time to fix everything so I can get the basics running. I need the script to work as soon as I install it. Don't have time to play with it so I can i.e. register new users... I'm not buying grumpy but I'm sure you get my point.
When you already need to heavily modify things to suit your needs, you can't afford them not to work in the first place...

Can I have download details for the SVN?
I'm not afraid to use things in beta/alpha stages as long as I can get the to work the way they should Wink
Going SMF? you can read my signature Smile

read this http://blog.mybboard.net/2009/08/19/gett...ite-opens/

As far I know, there is no bug found on Archive Mode (at moment). And I modified Lite Mode in to active post-reply, and running smooth. My visitor very-very happy with this mode. It's lite, low bandwidth and speed performance good, still you can see image/attachment with this mode. Finally, I made a sub domain called "m.forum.com" to forward lite-mode.

And absolutely yes, the footer can be change.
Just find it.
To remove copyright? I don't think so Smile
Nooo... I was planning to add copyright Wink Anyway I'm in this 'business' for over 15 years and still like experimenting with things I don't yet know. Unfortunately not everything works for everyone and we all have different needs and expectations.
everything has answer and solution. That's why community build here, also at the others forum.
if gonna use existing, just use it and stick till future without compare to a new one Smile
Sometimes Challenges & Curiosity could make happiness (for some people) Smile

Enjoy..
Quote:everything has answer and solution. That's why community build here, also at the others forum.

True. But when you have more then 30 different websites that you have to maintain, and you're planing to make another one and you can barely find 2 free days to make all the work inc. customisation etc. you just want the basic product to work out of box... I just can't afford spending 2 days getting the basics running as they should because of some silly bugs so that I can move on to the actual job I should be doing that will take another 2 days...

I sure like challenges and I will work/play with MyBB in my free time just as a brain-teaser but not when I'm under pressure of any kind of schedule Smile

What about those SVN details Matt?
Click the Get Involved link in the header, details are there.

Also, the problem with users not getting an email is not a bug with MyBB Confused It's a problem with the mail getting through the host. It works for most people fine, if it doesn't it could be the host is misconfigured, they have mail limits, the email clients put it in the wrong place, etc... it's not MyBB's fault. So, this problem isn't fixed in the SVN because it isn't a bug with MyBB to begin with. Emails have always sent from my forums on 4 different hosts just fine, with emails from only one host going to the trash folder. Have you tried SMTP mail??
Pages: 1 2