MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to say I glad choosing this as my forum script, and I would like to congrat the mybb team..

Ok back to my problem,
I'm tottaly new at this building a forum, since there are lots of advice that suggest to use free webhost for ur early experience so I took the advice maybe as my future forum grow I would shift it to more secure webhost-paid webhost.

Ok I choose zymic.com to host ur script, ok my problem start with I cannot find any public_html folder or httpdocs. All I can find is index.html only so are u suggesting me to upload there?

Then I must agree that I had read ur advice regarding the installation manual. But it create confusion as I got along the way, this is due to the error that had cause during the installation.

So just asking for fews tips before I got more error.
Which one do u suggest first?
1. CHMOD or
2. Create a database for my forum

Thank in advance....
oh man...

1) first of all create a db for your forum
2) yes u upload the script where this index.html is, or create a folder named for example forum and upload it there. (in that case your forum will be under xxxxx.zymic.com/forum)
3) chmod
4) install
(2009-08-21, 07:42 PM)wojtekor Wrote: [ -> ]oh man...

1) first of all create a db for your forum
2) yes u upload the script where this index.html is, or create a folder named for example forum and upload it there. (in that case your forum will be under xxxxx.zymic.com/forum)
3) chmod
4) install
Cool, fast answer less then few hours...super
I can install it for you if you would like. Installation for me only takes 2-5 minutes. Please get a better webhost: http://000webhost.com is the one I use and I have no problems with it and it includes FTP & MYSQL & Much More. I've never heard of ZyMic ever before. I would just need the FTP Details & MYSQL Details and I could install it.

Regards,
Well the CHMOD step of the installation comes before the database details bit but if you set them both up before you run the script it doesn't matter which order...
(2009-08-21, 08:33 PM)Aaron23 Wrote: [ -> ]I can install it for you if you would like. Installation for me only takes 2-5 minutes. Please get a better webhost: http://000webhost.com is the one I use and I have no problems with it and it includes FTP & MYSQL & Much More. I've never heard of ZyMic ever before. I would just need the FTP Details & MYSQL Details and I could install it.

Regards,

Thank u Aaron u're such a good help but let me try setting it up by my own, maybe if i'll get stuck someone I'll ask help from u and by the way thanks for the the free web host acknowledgement...I'm signing myself up right now.

Thanks all...I'm beginning to like it here
(2009-08-22, 09:02 AM)miejigsaw Wrote: [ -> ]Thank u Aaron u're such a good help but let me try setting it up by my own, maybe if i'll get stuck someone I'll ask help from u and by the way thanks for the the free web host acknowledgement...I'm signing myself up right now.

Thanks all...I'm beginning to like it here

No problem. Tell me how the installation goes.