MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Designer Skins - ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am currently making a skin called "Gustavo Armando", with a Web 2.0 color scheme, along with a 'tableless' effect and large menu text.
The name is to give it a more sophisticated look and taste (logo also done as well).
I'm thinking of incorporating some interactive features, but I wanted to hear everybody's suggestions first.
Also, before I proceed, this skin will be a premium skin, but the effects might go toward some free skins.
Currently, I have two ideas:
1) Mouse Gestures (1% Done)
2) Tabbed Profiles (10% Done)
Also, the index is about 70% finished, with the basic layout out already.
I'm almost done with a theme called "Caffè Latte", with a brown scheme and some js animations. I'm liking the way it's doing. It's more an 'exploration' to see if people would like that kind of themes. I think we should go away from the glossy style (that misscalled "web 2.0" style).
Yeah, this skin is basically pure colors with hardly any gradients at all.
When I was home (currently at the hospital due to health issues) I was also planning on making a clean, 2.0ish theme, I was not done with the PSD, so I never started. But yeah, basically it was me trying to explore...
Hope you succeed with it, and get better as well.
The skin I'm working on is supporting a pink, green, and blue color scheme.
Pink! <333333

About the effects, they would require JS, no?

I was thinking of incorporating some JS with my skins, but I was afraid that the people who have java off won't be able to experience what I want them to experience with such features.

It would intrigue me to see what kind of mouse gestures you incorporate.
Yes, I'm trying to incorporate Java into this skin (which, the index, is almost done!).
The only problem is that I can't seem to get jQuery to work Sad
EDIT: Mouse gestures (1%), clean web 2.0 tabbed profiles (100%)
Java?? Applets are not very recommended Toungue I know you meant js lol

But yeah, exploring new things is fun Smile (even though I've done only like 2 glossy themes in all my life xD)
Lol, my bad. Currently I have a font size changer (sizenatr), refresher (refreshnatr), social bookmark (sharenatr).
I'm very excited to show you guys the profile page, and hopefully the freshened up postbit when it's done.
Oh! Wow, I am/was looking for a way to integrate the font size changer, I gave up.

I actually am working on a Tooltip [JQuery of course] and I managed the Jquery dropdown. Smooth and sexy ;D
Pages: 1 2