MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vB > MyBB - SQL error in PM Sent Items - PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A couple of people have encountered an error similar to this when viewing their sent PMs folder after merging from vB:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'Boricua86' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT uid, username, usergroup, displaygroup FROM mybb_users WHERE uid IN (1,79,Boricua86,Taryn,burnz3r0)
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

This is caused by a bug in the Merge System, but is easily fixed. Download this file, upload it to your root folder, and run it in your browser.

Please note:
  • This is not a fix for the Merge System itself, it fixes the problem in the privatemessages table after the merge has been performed.
  • Backup privatemessages table first. This file has been tested and has worked but please make sure you have a full backup of the privatemessages table before you run this.
  • Delete this file after you have run it.
[attachment=15561]

You may also need this query if the Sent items folder is still broken:

UPDATE `mybb_privatemessages` SET `folder` = '1' WHERE `folder` = '0';

If this doesn't fix the problem for you, please post in this thread, and send a backup of your users and privatemessages tables to mattr [at] mybboard [dot] net so I can see why it didn't work.
Nice, I need to use this but you said don't use it just yet as you need to update it first.
So, I'll subscribe to this thread then and hoping you could announce if it can be use.

Thanks.
Updated Smile Remember to backup the table first just in case something weird happens.
Thanks! I'll run this now. Smile
Ran this script and it just shows blank page.
Check my messages and still no message in inbox but now I can open sent items (previously it shows databases errors). But, can't open any of the messages as it does not have anything to click to.
Yeah it's meant to be a blank page, forgot to add any output Toungue

The last person who had this had it fixed after the script... hmm, OK, I can take a look at your database if you'd like.
Sure, appreciate it. I'll pm you login details.
Thanks Matt.
(2009-10-02, 07:16 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The last person who had this had it fixed after the script... hmm, OK, I can take a look at your database if you'd like.
This fix will only work as long as the Username has not been changed since it was imported. If you changed the Username you have a problem (Be course you looping through the User Table).

Regards
Nifty
Yeah, I'm having troubles with this too...

I ran the script, & now I don't get an error message when viewing the Sent box, but it's just a list of past pm's with no titles & where the "Sent To" area says: N/A (not sent)

Matt, I guess I'll e-mail you.
If you are able to convert again, you can use my fix:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-584...#pid414601
Well, I think I can do it again... I was hoping to be able to keep the new posts since moving to MyBB, but there aren't too many, & I told everyone that I might have to do another installation.

However, is there anyway to keep any new posts - like backing them up & then restoring them into the new forum?

I also have the problem you mentioned here:
Quote:This fix will only work as long as the Username has not been changed since it was imported. If you changed the Username you have a problem (Be course you looping through the User Table).
I changed my own username before running this fix, & now I still get the error in my Sent box, so I'm not sure if I should just do another installation anyway to try & fix that issue.
Pages: 1 2 3