MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mysql incorrect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so im installing i set the database part and i get this

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Can you help me please?

Edit :
What is better? Posrgesql , mysql or mysql advanced

Also i never had this problem on my old site
If it's saying that, the details are just wrong Undecided We don't know what they are, you'll need to ask your host.

MySQLi is probably best.
Check that you have the right prefix on your username and database name, Cpanel usually puts a prefix related to your domain in front of your username and password for example yoursite_yourdbname and yoursite_yourusername just go into the MySQL section of Cpanel (assuming you are using Cpanel) and copy and paste the login details directly from there.

Also check that you have added the user to the database.
(2009-08-23, 01:33 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Check that you have the right prefix on your username and database name, Cpanel usually puts a prefix related to your domain in front of your username and password for example yoursite_yourdbname and yoursite_yourusername just go into the MySQL section of Cpanel (assuming you are using Cpanel) and copy and paste the login details directly from there.

Also check that you have added the user to the database.

Ah i guess my new host is picky with letters capitals

Thank you!

EDIT
I got a old mybb forum its all updated and i replaced its database name with the new one but it wont work it will deny acces also when i import it
Yeah, it is best just to copy and paste I find.

Glad its sorted Smile