MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no backup restore via admin cp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Damn...please tell me there is a backup restore system in admin CP because my host is virtual and i don't have any phpmyadmin or other softwares to edit my db from cpanel of my host. so please tell me there is another way to restore a backup on a mybb forum. Big Grin
No, it isn't in the ACP, you'd need a forum installed to access the ACP, so then it couldn't import. You'll need to ask your host to import it for you.
Ok...now that's not so good because my host isn't doing a orange for me. :|

How come every forum board have a restore tool and mybb have not ? :|
You can just install phpMyAdmin or some similar tool yourself. Like MyBB, it's just a PHP app that interacts with the database.
phpmyadmin can be installed ? i need some kind of tutorial because i guess it's not the easiest thing to do. Big Grin
Take a look at this http://www.aota.net/PHP_and_MySQL/phpmyadmin.php4

I believe the reason why there isn't a backup and restore function in the ACP is because it would be practically useless for most large boards. If you tried to execute a backup for a large board you would hit the MySQL time out limit before it was executed.
(2009-08-23, 10:56 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the reason why there isn't a backup and restore function in the ACP is because it would be practically useless for most large boards. If you tried to execute a backup for a large board you would hit the MySQL time out limit before it was executed.

Uh, no. It's just that no one implemented it. Probably because everyone can just use phpMyAdmin & Co anyway.
Try bigdump or mysqldumper. They are both scripts for importing the database. The latter can be used to back it up too.
ok thanx everybody, i did it. Big Grin