MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Import of attachments from SMF 1.1 not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am using the latest version of the Merge System, latest version of SMF 1.1 and converting to latest version of MyBB.

All the imports go fine - apart from the last one where the attachments are imported.
When I start the procedure, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Cache_Handler::attach_filename() in C:\xampp\htdocs\mybb\convert\boards\smf\attachments.php on line 176

We have over 5500 attachments, so it's rather important that they get imported.

Any ideas what the problem could be? The attachments are in

C:\xampp\htdocs\attachments\attachments

Thanks for any helpful replies in advance. Smile
When I use the URL (http://127.0.0.1/attachments/attachments) it tells me to fix permissions. But I'm on a Windows system, so I can't (and shouldn't need to) chmod files.
Don't use your local ip. Use your internet IP instead. Go to http://ipchicken.com/ to get your internet IP.
Hi,
thanks for your reply. Smile
I am behind a router so I can't do it that way.

So I entered the URL of the attachment folder as it is stored in the original forum.
I checked the permissions: 0777

And it doesn't matter if I enter the domain or the IP address of the website. It's all the same.
I have now uploaded the merge system script onto the website server. I'll try running the conversion there. Although that'll be extremely slow, it being a shared host.

I'll let you know how I get on. Maybe if I do it that way and enter the system path instead of using the web URL, it will work.
*sigh* It just stops processing posts after about 1500 posts.
"MySQL server has gone away"
If your able to get here then your computer has an internet IP address. Router's are what allows you to have IP addresses.

And it does make a difference (what IP it comes from).
What I mean is, I would need to configure my router to open port 80 so that I can get a connection using my external IP address.
But I can't seem to get it to open the port no matter what I do.
Ah never mind, a pal just came in and he says he can configure the router. I'll get back to you. Smile
Ok, I can now access the external IP through the browser.
However, the error persists.
I'm still hoping for some kind of answer. If I can't get this to work, we're gonna have to go with SMF2 which I really can't stand.
Unfortunately I have yet to get a successful import of attachments from any merge I have tried.
(2009-09-11, 09:41 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I have yet to get a successful import of attachments from any merge I have tried.

Same here with SMF. I have several SMF forums that I would like to merge to MyBB but I gave up a long time ago. I merged a PHPBB and it went flawlessly but evidently SMF is not so easy.
I guess you're out of luck. What's so important about the attachments?
The code for checking if attachments are readable or not is pretty simple. If the merge system can read it from the path you gave then, all is good, but if not then you'll get an error.

There is no magic way for the Merge System to read files if there are circumstances causing issues out of our control.

At this point, without delving into diagnostics, I'm afraid there isn't much you can do except for trying different methods of accessing the attachments. Like it says in the description try using C:\..\..\ filesystem path (on windows) and the appropriate linux/mac alternative.