MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requests and a Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking for 3 mods, an Avatar Gallery mod, Premium Styles mod and PM Quota by Usergroup mod. And found none Sad So, I was thinking, is it possible to rewrite mods from another software to MyBB? If yes, can someone pls. find some time to rewrite them? I'd be very grateful Big Grin

Also, are mods written for previous versions of MyBB work for the latest version?
PM Quota is already possible without a mod.
Oh! Didn't know, because am still very new to MyBB Big Grin

How do I set the Avatar Gallery? I looked at the ACP, and can't seem to find the upload function. And setting folders/ categories for avatars.

Premium Styles is very similar to phpBB's Admin Templates, except that it does not use the usergroup system because it allows premium users to be in any usergroup. Handy when one wants to test styles without making it public.
Shalimar Wrote:Oh! Didn't know, because am still very new to MyBB Big Grin

How do I set the Avatar Gallery? I looked at the ACP, and can't seem to find the upload function. And setting folders/ categories for avatars.
In your FTP client, go to images/avatars/. If you want to make a category for your gallery, just create a new folder with the name of your category (use a _ for a space), and upload your avatars into the folder.
Oh, so it is not the the ACP! I spent hours searching for it lol.

One more thing Smile The Add New Setting in Board Settings, how and what does it do? I dare not touch it in case I break anything.
Shalimar Wrote:Oh, so it is not the the ACP! I spent hours searching for it lol.

One more thing Smile The Add New Setting in Board Settings, how and what does it do? I dare not touch it in case I break anything.

It's not really of much use to most people. You can add additional settings to the settings database, then you can call it using $settings[settingname] in the templates, or use the settings in the code. It's not a well documented feature (if you can call it a feature at all). Are you trying to achieve something, or just wondering what it does?
Both. This is the first time I see such feature and was curious. I've worked with both phpBB and vBulletin in the past, and neither have it.

I thought it could be used to do to restrict styles to certain usergroups. Is it possible? I checked the Theme manager like zaher1988 said to, and didn't see anything to restrict styles. My intention to restrict styles is because I don't want to make styles that are in the works public.
Well you can't really just add the setting and expect it to work. You would still have to modify some code elsewhere to get that to work.
Quote:Well you can't really just add the setting and expect it to work. You would still have to modify some code elsewhere to get that to work.
Yes, I thought so too. Adding settings without modifying some codes is pointless.

So, I can do this (re: restrict styles to certain usergroups) using settings (and its corresponding code modifications)? Or do I need a hack to do this?

Pages: 1 2