MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX'd Forum Name Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just though of this, and I think it would be a very cool and really handy feature along the same lines as the 'Click and hold to edit title' feature for editing thread titles.

This feature could be applied to Forum Management in the Admin CP so you can quickly change the name of a certain forum without having to load a new page.

Thoughts?
Hmm, I don't change the names so often that I'd need it but I wouldn't mind to see it added - into the ACP, not into the forum itself please! I'd change accidently otherwise I guess Big Grin
I'd like to see it implemented into the forum itself just like you can rename threads that way without having to enter them if you have admin perms.
Not really necessary, but who knows. I personally wouldn't make use of the feature, it's hard to get used to it when I edit forum names by clicking them normally for about 1 year or so. That's up with the devs.
I mean I would be nice but these features are more like a "add-on" or plugin Wink. As long as it is not needed and people can edit their Title it's not that necessary.
Yeah but it makes mass renaming a hell of a lot easier, and the codes already there.
Yea, I think we also need instead of Window pop-ups AJAX pop-ups to make it nicer Smile.
Now, why would we do that? That's called bloat. However, using code that's already there isn't a waste when it makes life a lot easier.

Unless you're going to give some actual feedback, I suggest you don't even reply.
(2009-08-25, 09:25 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see it implemented into the forum itself just like you can rename threads that way without having to enter them if you have admin perms.
That's a bad idea. People like to rename their admin directories and remove the link so that even if their accounts get hacked its hard to get into the Admin CP - this would just give hackers more power with less work.