MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clicking reply puts the quote in the quick reply box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't find this already but it seems like a simple and useful idea.

Basically when you click reply in a thread instead of opening the full new reply window it just adds the quote to the bottom of the quick reply box.

This would be useful as it would achieve part of the functionality of multi quote but make it easier to use and it would also make posting quoted replies quicker.

As an additional thing to this a button should be added besides the submit button which says "take to full editor" so you can get your quotes then take them to the full editor if need be.
I say no. I just think people want to put everything in the quick reply and forget its purpose of just being for quick messages for when you may not have a lot of time.(Note that statement goes farther than just your suggestion Wink)

So basically if you need to qoute something you most likely have something to say in detail so it should got to the full editor.
Josh just pointed out to me that the multiquote feature does do a very simmilar job to this though
it does not give the option to switch to full mode and also I think it would be better if it just added it to the bottom but thats just my opinion.

Having said that though multi quote does pretty much achieve what i intended with this suggestion.
Quick reply does currently give you the option of going to the full editor; clicking the "Preview Post" button takes you to the New Reply page with the full editor already filled with the contents of your post.