MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clock reading wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I set the clock.

I've set the clock set up info for my time zone, but I see no change in the clock itself, nor in the time of a posting.

I've reset the clock to any number of time zones, but the clock itself doesn't change.

It usually looks like it's reading GMT time, but it doesn't say so, and it's kind of confusing to me and the people on the forum. They are asking me, "I came in a 2:00 p.m. but the clock and my posting say 7:00 p.m."

How do I set the clock?
Your servers clock is most likely off. Or, you don't have it set right in the User CP.
(2009-08-24, 04:12 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Your servers clock is most likely off. Or, you don't have it set right in the User CP.

No matter what I set into the time zone setting the clock does not change.

I'd think that no matter what the server clock is set to, that by changing my time zone it would show a different time than before changing the time zone, but it doesn't.

Is there another place to enter the time?

As far as the server clock is concerned, it's on GoDaddy and they tell me it's correct.
(2009-08-24, 04:12 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Your servers clock is most likely off. Or, you don't have it set right in the User CP.

Set the clock in USER CP????

I don't see anything there. Why wouldn't it be set in Admin CP?

I did set the time zone in Admin CP. Is there another place to set the clock?
Yes, you can set the boards default but the users have to set their timezone. It's in the User CP under Options.
(2009-08-24, 04:49 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can set the boards default but the users have to set their timezone. It's in the User CP under Options.

That did it, thanks.

Is there any way I can go into the user profiles to see how their times are set?

Can I change them?
You can run a query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `timezone` = 'X';

X is the time difference, for example 4 or -6