MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having issues installing the software. Well actually the install is fine, however when I log into the admin which is OK but if I click on anything in there I get a 404 error on it. Never had this issue before. Also I wanted to install the arcade. Is there a earlier version that I can download a 1.2 or anything Thanks in advance!
You don't want to use 1.2 because of an error like this :| 1.2 is over a year old and not supported here anymore...

Make sure all the ./admin/ files have been uploaded properly.
I have uploaded and uploaded...I thought that I could be doing something wrong however, I did install phpbb which I hate! and also did a vbulletin software and both of them went right away. Now I have the the phpbb already installed PHPBB Software and seems to be working fine. I was wondering how hard it would be just to run the converter since this is already working fine. I haven't put the forums together yet.
Converting the database wouldn't fix this problem, it's unrelated. If you can PM me your FTP details I'll try and see what's up with the admin folder.
I'll reply here so it's visible for all... I've had a look, everything looks fine, so what I'd do next is ask your host if they have mod_security installed, and if they do, ask them to make it so it doesn't affect you, so that your domain/account is whitelisted from it. mod_security usually causes a 403 error in the ACP, but it can also cause a 404 in some cases, so that would be what I'd try next.
Thanks Smile I thought I might have screwed up another brain cell Big Grin