MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Postings crash if you spend too much time in editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I discovered that if I take took long replying to a posting that the forum will crash. As soon as I hit the Post button I'll get an error screen telling me that the Server Was Busy and couldn't respond.

No matter how many times I hit that button I'll get the same error.

Usually it also clears the editor window so I've lost all of what I entered, so I have to start over.Again, if I take too long (don't know how long that is) it'll crash again.

So, finally I got smart and cut and pasted the reply into a holding document. So, the next time it crashed and I couldn't quickly recover, I just went back to the home page, then to reply to that same posting, and cut and pasted it in. It immediately responded with an update.

So, it has to do with how long you spend in the editor. I was going to ask about on this forum at that time, however, today I've gotten three different people tell me they experienced the same thing, and had come to the same conclusion on their own.
What browser are you using?? It gets a bit laggy when I have it open for a long time in IE but it's never crashed.
(2009-08-24, 11:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What browser are you using?? It gets a bit laggy when I have it open for a long time in IE but it's never crashed.

I'm using both IE 7 and 8 on two different computers.

What would IE have to do with how long I spend on the editor?
Because IE is generally slow and laggy and tends to get slower the longer you use it.

Can we have your URL and a test account and see if we can reproduce it??
(2009-08-24, 11:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Because IE is generally slow and laggy and tends to get slower the longer you use it.

Can we have your URL and a test account and see if we can reproduce it??

I've sent you the URL by PM.

Will you need access to my GoDaddy hosting account, and the SQL database?
Shouldn't need access to that... I left it open for over an hour in IE8, posted fine, didn't stall or anything. I'll try it in Compatibility Mode but I don't think this is a problem on the forum...

Edit: Left it for over an hour in Compatibility Mode, it was fine.