MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hosting free MyBB Boards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-08-25, 08:14 AM)R3ignlasting Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-25, 04:58 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can better buy web hosting than hosting your website on a home computer due to speed and security.

Yes, that's true, but if anything really ever happens to the database because of a DDoS, or a hacker, I'll rewind it back, and it will be like nothing happened.

I save my databases, as backup files, and I keep them updating as long as there are no security risks.

Guys just do not host your websites or forums on a local computer without having knowledge about hosting and security. It can really damage your forums and computer if something goes wrong. You can better get a free host or just use(steal) some hosting space from a buddy Toungue.
Oh sorry..

Well, I add a new speed feature to all forums that I host.
Security may not be the best feature of my hosting, and I will guarantee no data stealing from me.
I try to work up to much rep, to even lose.

I'm a moderator on 3 other good visited sites.
1 MyBB, 1 vBulletin, 1 PhpBB (Modified)

And well, I really do like this community here, and I don't want to get banished from here or anywhere else, so I will not steal your site.

And, anyway, a lot of people don't even have a site, so I might just have to start the site from scratch (With MyBB)

Well, if my power or internet goes out..I'll probably just go to my friends house, and check the site on his computer, or use a second connection at his/her house, with my hosting computer.

Also, for the last question of yours, I will try and make sure that this doesn't occur.
But, if it does happen, like if I get a warning from them, I'll burn all of my computer data onto a CD, and let them confiscate if it HAS to happen.
Sounds good enough, I mean if you guys really need to have a site hosted you could try but I would just use a web host Toungue.
Xampp to host forums.
LOL
(2009-08-25, 03:10 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]Xampp to host forums.
LOL

LOL, laugh it up buddy.

I have a vBulletin forum already, and it's been up Non-stop for 2 months so far, and my computer didn't need a restart yet.
(2009-08-26, 07:37 AM)R3ignlasting Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-25, 03:10 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]Xampp to host forums.
LOL

LOL, laugh it up buddy.

I have a vBulletin forum already, and it's been up Non-stop for 2 months so far, and my computer didn't need a restart yet.
I'd like to emphasize on the yet. Now try and convince me it's safeWink Good luck by the way, I'm not easy to convince. And...

A) It's NOT recommended NOR is it sanitary to use XAMPP to run an actual website
B) What are your computers stats? Hard drive? Disk space? Processors? Etc.
C) If you do get hacked, it's no fault but your own. Giving someone an insecure platform is just asking for it.
D) Also, how do we know for sure your site won't get fried? Do you do off-computer database & file backups?
E) Do you just host forums individually, or do you have a multi-forums script?

Also, why should someone choose you over an ACTUAL SITE like http://createbb.com/ or something? Why should they "trust you" that you won't steal their data, or lose it for that matter? You're not making a convincing argument..
I think that he/she just wants to run a server...

That was me once Toungue

Now i have actually had experience running a web server and many other servers for that matter Wink Its not as easy as it looks.

You wonder why server admins are payed full time jobs? Because they have to be there 24/7. If the server goes down, they have to be there to get it up again within 30mins or whatever.

You can't do that if you work full time at another job, or go to school/uni. Therefore its better to run your own site from your own server for experience. That way you are not endangering other people's sites.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you could be endangering other people's valuable data.
Pages: 1 2