MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Virtual Box Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed CentOS 5 on Virtual Box, and I want to be able to access the the webserver which is setup on CentOS, from my PC. During the CentOS install, I set CentOS not to use DHCP, instead use a IP address that I set, but when I enter the IP into my PC's browser, it won't load the page.

I read something about having to bridge the connection or something, but I couldn't find instructions for how to do it.

Has anyone else done this before?
I have used virtual Box before.

I had the exact same problem. If you look at the prefrences in Virtual Box and look for network or something like that, it creates its own adapter which is on a differnet network to ur normal network.

e.g. my network is 192.168.0.1
VB network: 192.173.6.1

It is very strange, i had to abandon using it in the end Sad
Select VM -> Settings -> Network -> select adaptor that's enabled (if you haven't enabled one, do it)
In Attached to: field, select Bridged Adaptor.
I hate Virtual box. Its so had to do that. I'm buying a Vmware one soon...
hmmm

i looked in the virtualbox.org user manual: http://dlc-cdn-rd.sun.com/c1/virtualbox/...8d78578699

Quote:3.7.7 Network settings
The “Network” section in a virtual machine’s Settings window allows you to configure
how VirtualBox presents virtual network cards to your VM, and how they operate.
When you first create a virtual machine, VirtualBox by default enables one virtual
network card and selects the “Network Address Translation” (NAT) mode for it. This
way the guest can connect to the outside world using the host’s networking and the
outside world can connect to services on the guest which you choose to make visible
outside of the virtual machine.