MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB forum alliance purposal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
We've got a strong community spirit, many users here are on multiple sites and spread loyalty among those who have big projects and this could very well be said with littler sites.

I'd like to purpose an alliance which would help boost upcoming sites, similar to posting exchanges but focused on being strong. I'm sure many people join places because the message is strong, I think something devoted to helping others would be a really cool thing to do.

Would anyone be interested in this sort of idea?

Now this probably seems crazy, though I think as an idea which is rough it could be sorted and turned into something successful.

~Kerrang!
Well that is a briliant idea and I think a lot of people will like the idea and follow it, I mean I would like to earn some posts and support other forums.

But them problem is their are SO many MyBB forums out here and I think if this is not well organized it will be a total mess. Like how do we know where to post and when I mean a organization has to host it or a website for the alliance that keeps it all organized.

But over all super idea Wink I am in it!
(2009-08-25, 03:06 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Well that is a briliant idea and I think a lot of people will like the idea and follow it, I mean I would like to earn some posts and support other forums.

But them problem is their are SO many MyBB forums out here and I think if this is not well organized it will be a total mess. Like how do we know where to post and when I mean a organization has to host it or a website for the alliance that keeps it all organized.

But over all super idea Wink I am in it!
Oh sure if it's not organized it won't run properly, though as a rough idea the plan can get drawn up as more parties become involved and this could very well be a very successful project.

I'll go draw up some better ideas, this can be worked on but any suggestions are welcome.

Most likely it would make sense to form groups, who post on rotation and support is the main aim and not tieing people up with posting expectations, some can have a small involvement depending on their time etc.

Hopefully if we can get MyBB to give us a section here, it would speak volumes for the community here or we could create a site dedicated to it.. small steps first, I'd like to avoid confusing people which will be the fun part of it Toungue
don't quite see the point but.
(2009-08-26, 12:52 AM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]don't quite see the point but.

It's quite simple: you basically help each other out with your forums meaning you post some posts on someone's forum and they post back. A win-win for both sides.
This won't work. People will go there, post and leave
My forum is basically client side forum (Dealing with clients). Therefore such forums will not useful for such ideas.

Yes, I suggest that like debate forums are really progress in such ideas.
(2009-08-26, 09:00 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]This won't work. People will go there, post and leave
That's only bound to happen which is normal I think, however they can be replaced with new and my aim would be to encourage fair play. I'm sure it would be worth it especially if we get a good mix of decent hones people, now that sounds hard but there's plenty of us.

It's all about the certain people, though friendships can be formed with sites.

For those interested please reply, otherwise there isn't much point but I do think this should be given a chance.
~Kerrang!
you could do this by breaking the forums up into categorises for example...

sport - you could put all the mybb forums to do with sport here and users register on each otherss forum and agree to say 20 posts a week on each forum

computer - all forum about computers

etc etc
You guys are looking at it to hard. The point is that you help another forum out you get something in return.That way we can support little MyBB boards to grow! It doesn't matter if those people leave after a while because activity is was attracts members.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5