MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Translation - for posting body only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for simple translators for mybb 1.4.4

I have seen the one's here already.
http://www.mybboard.net/downloads/translations
I don't want the new buttons and other board changes it makes.

They are not what i am looking for.
What i am looking for is what we were using with mybb 1.2
The translation is only done to the post text in each post.. what i am typing here now... this text.
Nothing else is translated or affected except whats in posts.

All my members speak enough english thats its not needed to have the new buttons and everything else affected.
When we were using mybb 1.2 this was something we had.
Our German and Russian members loved it because they could type in there own lang.

Can someone point me to where i can get this again for mybb 1.4.4 ?

Thanks Smile
Why are you still on 1.4.4?? :| There's been 4 updates since then, one of which fixed a major security vulnerability, it's a miracle you haven't been hacked, you should update as soon as physically possible.

Try this: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/inline-google-translation
Hi matt, thanks bro.

Why am i still using 1.4.4.. 2 reasons.
We have a LOAD of plugins we must use.. almost none of them work if we update and a lot of custom template and code changes will be lost.
2.. we don't have the guy we had before around to do it for us.

If not for the plugins and code changes we use, we would have updated a long time ago.

btw, our forum is locked "private" with new registrations always turned off. It's only for friends and family of its members.

Not sure if that helps against the major security vulnerability ?
(2009-08-25, 03:37 PM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]We have a LOAD of plugins we must use.. almost none of them work if we update and a lot of custom template and code changes will be lost.

I haven't heard of any plugins that worked on 1.4.4 but don't on 1.4.8, and there aren't that many templates that needed to be reverted to default... chances are you'd never have edited them in the first place.
Don't think that Inline Google Translation is what we are looking for.
Buggy and we need something thats 100% auto and does all the posts on the page being viewed.
MattRogowski Wrote:I haven't heard of any plugins that worked on 1.4.4 but don't on 1.4.8, and there aren't that many templates that needed to be reverted to default... chances are you'd never have edited them in the first place.

We are using a custom theme made from the default theme as well as loads of changes to just about everything.

Just to name a few with changes..
memberlist.php
announcements.php
member.php
index.php
global.php
newthread.php
polls.php
reputation.php
english.php
index.lang.php

And much more. You name it.. we made changes Wink
Then a load of plugins on top of all this. As i said.. an update is just not possible. I wish it was.
You should at least make the security patches then, they're in each release post on the blog. Also, did you make a note of the file edits you made in a separate text file?? Makes sense to do that so you can upgrade when releases come out and just make the changes you'd made again...
Thanks for the info Matt.
A note with all the changes was not made, yes we should have Sad

To make the security patches would not be something i would attempt.
I would screw things up for sure so i don't want to touch anything myself.
We had someone that was good at this sort of thing to help at one time, but he's no longer online and has family issues to attend to.

If we can find someone trusted like yourself to do the security patches for us, that would be great.
I know its work, so i wont be asking anyone. I don't know anyone enough thats knowledgeable enough to ask for this kind of help.

If you are willing.. PM me, i trust you fully. if not.. i completely understand Smile

Thanks again Smile
Matt.. i will pay you for your time. I have PayPal Smile