MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PunBB 1.3.4 -> MyBB problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear guys,

first of all - amazing thing you did.

I just have two more or less small problems.

1.) Users cannot login. Of course I copied loginconvert.php from latest version to ./inc/plugins/ and it is activated in ACP. But users simply cannot login. :/

2.) All users from PunBB group "Members" - which is simply a group if they just registered are moved into "Guests" and showed as "Unregistered".

I know, PunBB 1.3.4 is not officially supported, but it seems to work fine at least! Smile

Would be great if I somebody could help me. If I can provide you with logs, let me know. I don't have system access - just FTP.

Regards,
xai
1. Can you be a bit more specific?? Why can't they login?? Does it not accept their password?? Is there an error message?? What?? If they go back to being a guest after logging in, see this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

2. Look into the users table, find a user who is showing as unregistered, and note down the number in the usergroup column, it'll probably be 1. Then, run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '2' WHERE `usergroup` 'X';

Change the X to the number that's currently in the usergroup column for affected uses, and also make sure your table prefix is actually mybb_ before running this.
Dear Matt,

thanks for your immediate reply.

1.) They receive the following error after login:
Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:

* You have entered an invalid username or password combination.

If you have forgotten your password please retrieve a new one.
You have 1 more login attempts.
* Please fill out the image verification code to continue the login process. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image.

2.) Did this already and they are in usergroup 2. I rebuilt the cache but the users in the forums are still shown as "Unregistered".
Did I miss a step?

Thanks again and in advance,
xai
I found the solution for 2. Yes, they were in the correct group, but displygroup was still wrong:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `displaygroup` = '2' WHERE `displaygroup` = '1'; 

But for #1 I have no clue. :/

Thanks,
xai
For #1, it may be because the Merge System does not support that version of punBB yet. Do you know if the password hashing algorithm has changed in the new versions of punBB?
Hi Ryan,

as I said, I know it's not supported but I read of some users in here who already have 1.3.x merged. But don't ask me what they did. Smile

Regarding the hashing algorithm:
I don't know how it was done in 1.2 but in 1.3 they use salted SHA1 hashes.
I will have a look on 1.2 later in the office.

Regards,
xaitax
Hi Ryan,

I just managed to write some scripts to figure the problem out, but didn't help me so far.

If you give me some hints or ideas, I could go on working on it.

I also extended your merger for Punbb PM* support migration - if you are interested, let me know.

* Punbb PM is an official extension but not implemented into the core - so additional module.

- xai
Hey guys,

Any news about "PunBB 1.3 to MyBB Merge System" support? I would love to move on to myBB but seems that Im stucked =(
As the user who started this thread pointed out, it MOSTLY works using the existing Merger system. You can do it and apply the same fixes as he did. However your users will all need their passwords reset as his users did.