MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copyright.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Title:
Copyright

Short Description:
A MyCode that puts a copy right in your post

Regular Expression:
\[copyright=(.*?)\](.*?)\[/copyright\]

Replacement:
<div style="margin:auto">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td>
<div style=" background-color: #000000;color: #FFFFFF; -moz-border-radius: 16px; -webkit-border-radius: 16px; border: 1px solid #000000; padding: 4px; font-size: 1em;" />
<span style="text-align:center;"><strong>Copyright &copy; <a href="$1" title="$2">$2</a> 2009. All Rights Reserved.</strong></span></div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

How to use it:
[copyright=*link to your copyright rules or your main site or what ever*]*your site name*[/copyright]

What it will look like:
[Image: 31787lc.png]
the blue text is clickable but ^ is a pic

I hope you like it Big Grin i know im going to be using it! Toungue

Made by wethegreenpeople at http://mybbsource.com/index.php

EDIT: I've transfered this code from PHPBB with full permissions from the author. It's all good people. Toungue
:/ Do you have permission for this?
Isn't a copyright in your footer and the user agreement when you register enough to protect the whole forum?
(2009-08-26, 02:45 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]:/ Do you have permission for this?

It's simple code, you can't really copyright something like that. :/ I suppose you could, but that doesn't mean no one can make something similar, or even exactly the same.
(2009-08-26, 04:25 AM)Ooka Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-26, 02:45 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]:/ Do you have permission for this?

It's simple code, you can't really copyright something like that. :/ I suppose you could, but that doesn't mean no one can make something similar, or even exactly the same.

The NFL tried to Copyright/Register the term "The game" Or "The big game"

You can do w/e you want.

But he used their codes. which is illegal. If he could make similar that would be awesome. But he used their ones.
Well I mean you can base the plugin code/idea of their code as long as it is unique and yours which this isn't Wink.

I just love how people say they made a new plugin and also include how they ripped it from someone else. Really if you are going to say that spare your time and don't even try ripping it Wink.
Here is the thing though. if this code is powered over by GNU and can be used even for other forum software's then its legal. Since phpBB is a free open source software, this is not illegal according to GNU.

But, some copyright can be claimed if the person did not pass the requirements for re-distribution.
(2009-08-26, 05:36 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Well I mean you can base the plugin code/idea of their code as long as it is unique and yours which this isn't Wink.

I just love how people say they made a new plugin and also include how they ripped it from someone else. Really if you are going to say that spare your time and don't even try ripping it Wink.

Okie im sorry im not that good at html but from now on i will not rip things any more, i just thought that this was a good code for phpbb that should be transfered here. But, again im sorry.

(2009-08-26, 12:16 PM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the thing though. if this code is powered over by GNU and can be used even for other forum software's then its legal. Since phpBB is a free open source software, this is not illegal according to GNU.

But, some copyright can be claimed if the person did not pass the requirements for re-distribution.

A quote from phpbb3bbcodes
Quote:We gladly give credit to BBCodes found on other sites or BBCodes posted by users on this site.
Please give the same credit if you post BBCodes from PhpBB3 BBCodes.

i just assumed it was ok =/

Again =/ im sorry i won't be taking any more codes from phpbb Sad
why need to add table tag.. if you could shortcut it with div, right? Smile
I mean listen this is perfect and fine as long as it is for personal use. As long as you don't hand it out like this thread than it's fine. You can only hand out plugins and modifications if it's yours or you got the authors permission.

Also you can still take codes form PHPbb as long as you give credit and it's for personal use. If you get permission from the author to make this plugin for MyBB and claim it for your self or give credit to the original plugin it is fine too. Just next time get permission before handing it out Wink.

This should only be done when taking the direct code and modifying it, if you just take the idea and code it from scratch it should be 100% legal.
Pages: 1 2