MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass mail problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I sent out a mass e-mail via my message board today and people complained of receiving the same e-mail 5+ times. And when I checked the progress of the mass mailing, it was still only at 38%.

I have sent mass e-mails in the past without any problems, but my host assures me nothing is wrong w/ php mailer/etc. Any ideas?

What number should I use in the "Please enter the number of mass mailings to run per page." field?

I read this thread, but it didn't really help:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-549...90530.html

Thanks.
The only thing known to make it send it to the same person loads was a , in their username... are you sure there's none in anybody's usernames?? What users are getting it 5+ times?? The per page limit can usually stay at 50, I think that's just to limit the load on the server.
There are no commas in any of the usernames. The 38% of people who received the e-mail likely all received it multiple times, while the other 62% didn't receive anything.

I would like to send out another mass e-mail, but I'm afraid this will happen again...
(2009-08-27, 05:08 AM)Jed K Wrote: [ -> ]There are no commas in any of the usernames. The 38% of people who received the e-mail likely all received it multiple times, while the other 62% didn't receive anything.

I would like to send out another mass e-mail, but I'm afraid this will happen again...

Your not alone mine is and has always been doing this..last night of 1300 people those that did get the mass email got it 15+ times. this is a real bad issue and needs some attention, to hopefully resolve it.
Just tried again tonight and it happened again. Is there no way to fix this? I hate that I can't properly send e-mails to my members.
There's no fix because we have no idea what's causing it. As I said in another thread on this, there's not enough detail to go on. Have any users received it just once??
I don't believe so. Either users receive multiple e-mails or they don't receive any at all. It's as if the script sends e-mails to the first 5% of my members, then starts over... only this time it sends e-mails to the first 10% of my members. Then it starts over again... but this time it sends e-mails to the first 15% of my members... etc./etc. If I let it continue like this, some members would end up with 20 e-mails... so I am always forced to cancel it at around only 20% completion.

Could it have anything to do with sending the e-mail to 3+ usergroups simultaneously? I don't know...
BUMP.

Would really like this to be looked at a bit more...
As there are no known issues that could cause this I'll see if a dev knows what's wrong.
(2009-08-30, 12:54 AM)Jed K Wrote: [ -> ]BUMP.

Would really like this to be looked at a bit more...

Jed, have you seen any MySql errors in your account errors log while doing your mass mailing?

Did you tried with a "per page limit" of 25?
Pages: 1 2