MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some ways to promote your forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright I have ran more than 5 forums in the past but most of them didn't reach over 5,000 - 10,000 posts so I am wondering what is the best way to promote your forum when it's still tiny?

Any suggestions, tips, tricks? \

Thanks,
Bob J.
Warez, making actuality threads (what do u think of "worldwide event")
make threads about music, pron?
the best way is making threads related to your forum
mine is of music games
so i do that
and i have a wide range of stuff to talk
Lol was that a joke?

No I am talking about getting more traffic and hits and such and no my forum doesn't support any adult or warez content.
(2009-08-27, 12:00 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Lol was that a joke?

No I am talking about getting more traffic and hits and such and no my forum doesn't support any adult or warez content.
I was talking seriously
but if you want quality post
as i said before
the best way is making threads related to your forum
Threads that people will talk of
Ex if u forum is of firefox, talk of firefox and stuff related to him
(computers, Programming languages, rival explorers, OS'S, stuff like)
just think like a member

Quote:oh i like firefox so much...what i will like too?
oh this forum have it's own addons and themes,
it have critiques, and a nice and a unique theme

Toungue i think firefox forum could be really explotaible, but you must find the way out
Yea so I am saying what is a good way to get traffic and hits? Like traffic! Advertisement? Affiliates?
I personally think that those wil not work
i have NEVER in all my internet life (since 8yr old) clicked in an ad, or ad-words)
but maybe affiliates could work
I don't believe that xD I only click a image when it has a regular link and of course interests me, if advertisement doesn't work why does everyone make money of it including me Big Grin.
I click ads on sites i like to help support the people who run it t reward them for their good work Smile
Advertise your website on other big/popular websites. It really does work.
Don't advertise on big forums with the same niche. Example:

I just started a brand new webmaster forum. So I go to DigitalPoint (a big webmaster forum) and advertise it. Why would anybody want to join a webmaster forum when they are already part of a bigger one?

Now, I just started a new swimming forum. So I go to DigitalPoint and advertise it. Now, I'm sure a small percentage, but still a percentage, of the webmasters there are into swimming or once were. So why not register and check it out?

Get what I'm saying? This goes against same-niche link building strategies, but it would probably be more successful as advertising.
Pages: 1 2