MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Seperate forums oservern same , same login details?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-08-31, 11:34 AM)ryansstuff Wrote: [ -> ]right i found a way to do it.

First you need to put joomla on your server/host. Once you done that add the plugin jfusion http://www.jfusion.org/ .
now sadly at this time that can't work but in the 2.0 version is should be able as no one will help mybb on jfusion so it can only be a master(where people can registar).

But i thought i would give the heads up on how to do it very shortly

Thats just for registering. Not for posts on each end or anything.
Hmmmm... I was just thinking contentteller can integrate with vBulletin 2.2/2.3/3.0/3.5/3.6/3.7/3.8, UBB.threads 7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4/7.5, phpBB 3.0, Invision Power Board 2.x/3.0, MyBB 1.2/1.4, Simple Machines Forum (SMF) 1.1/2.0 and Woltlab Burning Board 2/3. When I briefly tested it, it looked like I could hook into another entirely different site as well. Maybe it's possible to push registrations and logins accross through it.
I've been told its a crap cms. If you could try multiple ones that would rock.
Thanks
I actually have to agree with that statement. I tried it for a day and it was so unorganized that it took an entire day to make a basic page organized the way I wanted it. Then I went to change the theme colors to match my site and that proved to be 100% impossible with the tools built in. What I was actually suggesting was to use the CMS as a bridge between the 2 forums and leaving the CMS itself invisible through robots.txt and simply not linking to it or since the open source edition is in fact open source, we could disect it and use the bridging part of it to bridge sites even if they are on different servers.
But still it can't do all i need. I want it to really have a postcount, cash mod, etc... Bragging rights really, for the users.
Hello, thankyou for the replies Smile
So it is not a case of just having the 2 forums sharing 1 database? Damn Sad
Well, it needs a system...
Pages: 1 2