MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Seperate forums oservern same , same login details?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I would like to have 2 seperate mybb forums on the same server but have them integrated so users have access to both using the same login details for both.
Is there a way of doing this?
Thanks
This is possible (I think) by editing the login & register file to use another database that contains all the logins. (or the DB of the other forum)
I could make it for one person only and it wouldn't be so interesting for the other ones and that's why people don't make it probably.

- Shadows123.
I think T0m requested this too, I think it's quite complicated though.
Hello, ah I see. I will have a look in the code & see if I can get it to work.
Thanks Smile
I believe it's not that hard you will have to link the registration and the login to one database with all the user files for both forums. Of course you would need to be able to get along wtih MySQL and PHP since you have to do a lot of editing Wink.

Wait I got an idea!

What if you install both forums on one database and with the prefix "forum1_" and "forum2_" and than have the user database be under a prefix "forumboth_" and have the two forums store all their user data in that one?

Or you could have that you have two separate databases for both forums but when a new user is created on one of the forums it will be stored in the forum1 database and the forum2 database. Meaning that users will be able to register one one of the two forums and use the same login for both Big Grin.

I guess you will have to just play with it Wink.
(2009-08-27, 02:14 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I think T0m requested this too, I think it's quite complicated though.

I did Sad But i know its not gonna happen for awhile, so i shall wait.
(2009-08-27, 08:27 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it's not that hard you will have to link the registration and the login to one database with all the user files for both forums. Of course you would need to be able to get along wtih MySQL and PHP since you have to do a lot of editing Wink.

Wait I got an idea!

What if you install both forums on one database and with the prefix "forum1_" and "forum2_" and than have the user database be under a prefix "forumboth_" and have the two forums store all their user data in that one?

Or you could have that you have two separate databases for both forums but when a new user is created on one of the forums it will be stored in the forum1 database and the forum2 database. Meaning that users will be able to register one one of the two forums and use the same login for both Big Grin.

I guess you will have to just play with it Wink.
I forgot a thing, it's almost impossible as $mybb->user[] gets from the user table in the normal mysql db, so you'd have to find a way to modify that too..
Change my mind it's really difficult actually lol.
Don't forget about the cookies...
It would be a good system. Like a large one. And then make a new version of Myps work on two board etc, Its an endless project that would be awesome.
right i found a way to do it.

First you need to put joomla on your server/host. Once you done that add the plugin jfusion http://www.jfusion.org/ .
now sadly at this time that can't work but in the 2.0 version is should be able as no one will help mybb on jfusion so it can only be a master(where people can registar).

But i thought i would give the heads up on how to do it very shortly
Pages: 1 2