MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide the ip of admins from supermoderators and modeartors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it will be a useful option to have it as default so that the ip of admins will be hidden from supermoderators and modeartors.
I think a plugin is a better idea.
Why would you need to stay hidden from your staff?
(2009-08-27, 06:18 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need to stay hidden from your staff?

Because in the past some members of my staff have gone over to the competition and revealed my ip and those of my co-admins. And the admins of the rival forums banned us from their forum. Can it be done? I want to move away from ipb so badly.
I think it should be a default option.
This shouldn''t be too hard to do.
(2009-08-28, 02:36 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]This shouldn''t be too hard to do.

The script moderation.php is calling the function is_moderator to verify if the privilege is granted, supermoderators have all forum privileges by default and moderators can be authorized or not. But there is no hooks there, so making a plugin will be less easy to do. I would rather suggest a code modification so supermoderators can have privileges assigned to them.
(2009-08-28, 03:00 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]

The script moderation.php is calling the function is_moderator to verify if the privilege is granted, supermoderators have all forum privileges by default and moderators can be authorized or not. But there is no hooks there, so making a plugin will be less easy to do. I would rather suggest a code modification so supermoderators can have privileges assigned to them.

I do not know easy or difficlut but babjusi did it exactly how I wanted. Many thanks babjusi.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-55638.html
(2009-08-28, 03:00 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]

It was not that hard. What that_guy wanted was to hide the ip of the root admins from his staff. All that is controlled at the postbit template and hook which runs whenever a post is being displayed and the code is generated at the functions_post.php file in the /inc/ directory. As I said, it was a fair easy task. No need to complicate things Smile

@that_guy, you are most welcome.
I think you need to reconsider your staff if they're doing that.
Pages: 1 2