MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [resolved] my worries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok to start it off hello i'm mark i have a website and i was told by 2 of my friends that mybb will never last with over 100 members, and it will probably get hacked. they used to have mybb sites aswell i just don't know the versions. now this made me worry of course, do you guys think that mybb is hackable.
There are many forums that have in excess of 1,000 members with no problems. Being hacked is not something that happens frequently around here. When it has happened it has turned out not to be MyBB's fault but the member giving out their password or another piece of software being at fault.

Keep up to date with out releases and you will have next to no issues from us. Smile

Edit: There are forums with more than a million posts using MyBB, size is not something MyBB has trouble with.
You'll be at risk of getting hacked if you don't patch your forum after a known security vulnerability has been fixed. There are no known security vulnerabilities in 1.4.8, and if one is found, it will get patched quickly. A lot of people got hacked with a vulnerability found in 1.4.6, simply because they didn't patch their boards after the fix was released; nothing we can do if a security fix is released but people don't use it.

These forums have 22,294 members and 361,275 posts, and as Ryan said, there are many with over a million, one has over 4 million, they run fine. Whoever said it won't work after 100 members doesn't know what they're talking about Smile
thanks also uhh the page where it says how to backup the users and the posts how do i actually use the downloaded backup just in case

and lol you guys were fast at replying Toungue

well iknow why you guys didn't answer that question because its for another topic and also it could be i should look for myself and not depend on other people to look for me thanks Toungue
Sorry, sometimes we are away from our computers as well. Smile

I think this page will help you: [Wiki: Database_Restore] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
my board run 843 member... nothings problem... ^^
About your friends... I'm just going to guess they using another forum script and have never actually tried MyBB for themselves?
My forum has 850 members has been open for about a month,

www.BobbaMarket.net

Nothing wrong with MyBB, but yes If you don't update when there are updates available you probably will be hacked.

I was shelled about two weeks ago but that was because I was on Holiday and couldn't update MyBB
UPDATE and UPGRADE!

Mybb is secure... for mybb developer, keep your good job Smile
www.hackforums.net has over 50k members and 1 million post and has not been hacked.