MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Before login, change language to browser preference if available.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would suggest that instead of immediately reverting to english in the case of a new guest, that an extra step should be done to verify if its browser preference language is available and use that one if it is the case or revert to default language if not.

This operation is quite easy to implement and used by many of your competitors.

Thank you.
Agreed a very good idea.
Not a bad idea. Would do a plugin for now. No idea how hard it would be to implement.
What happens when you go through a proxy in an area that doesn't speak your language?

Why not just set your boards default language to what ever your using?
(2009-08-28, 06:14 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]What happens when you go through a proxy in an area that doesn't speak your language?

Why not just set your boards default language to what ever your using?

1- Like i wrote : "...if its browser preference language is available ...u se that one ... or revert to default language if not.".

2- Somebody can have a board having content in 3 or 4 languages and having those languages already available, why force a user to have a default language set for him that is not his own language when it is so easy to put the board in his own language when this language is already available. Other forums applications have no problems working this way : If user is logged in then use his language selection, if not then check for user browser preferences, if all those languages are not available then use default language.
Is there any solution for this?

I have a forum with 3 languages and I would like guests to have the forum using the browser language.
This is a great idea. Also, it cannot be that hard to implement it as a plugin.