MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: {REQ}New User needs Activating Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, i dont know if I am posting this in the proper forums, but am just wondering if this has been requested or already made because I have not found it within the search nor mod downloads.

I currently have my board set to where all new registrations must be activated by me ( the Admin ) before they can do anything. The feature I am looking for is when I come ( log into ) my forums to have like either a pop up or some sort of message on the forum index to let me know that a new user needs to be activated. I already know I can something like that sent to me via email, but I dont always check my email either as i have over 400 different email accts and sometimes it can take me days just to go from one email acct to another.

I think this would be a good feature/mod for folks such as me who too also does the same with new registrations. Any ideas/input is much appreciated. In the long run I feel it would save board owners a lot of time in some sense.

I looked at this and not too sure it is going to do what I am describing here.

Awaiting Activation Message
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/awaiting-a...on-message
Hi,
just go to Admin CP and you will see if there is an activation request. Wink
(2009-08-28, 08:18 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
just go to Admin CP and you will see if there is an activation request. Wink

Where in the ACP would I find this at because I am now searching through it and do not see anything referring to Activation Requests. Perhaps I have seem to overlooked something here.
On the Home Page, under 'Forum Statistics', scroll down to the 'Users' row and you will find 'X Awaiting Activation'.
That mod isn't what you're looking for, that shows a message to members awaiting activation to tell them to either wait for admin activation or to check their emails. The number of users awaiting activation is on the ACP home page, but I also made this plugin to show the count on the forum itself: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-53163.html

That's also reminded me to submit that to the Mods site, never got round to it before Toungue
thank you Matt and I replied to your posting in the other thread