MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Star/favourite threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might have been suggested before, but what do you think about an option to star threads or mark them as favourites?? It would be for your own personal use, not for everyone to see.

There's been a lot of times when I've seen a thread, haven't had time to respond to it then, but plan to another time, but then, being me, I forget... if it was starred or something, and I could have a list of starred threads, I'd remember to go back to them. Or, knowing me, I'd forget to look at the list, but anyway, I think it could be useful. Reason I'm posting it here is because I personally would use it more here than anywhere else.

It could also be used to make an easy list of good tutorials you might want to find again, threads that you think you'll need another time... browser favourites aren't available everywhere whereas these would be. Wouldn't be the same as subscribing to threads, I personally subscribe to all threads I post in to keep track of them, but it would be good to also have a list of things I plan on attending to at some point. Bit like a to-do list of sorts.
Like a 'Add As Favorite' link and then you can get a list of favorites in your User CP?
Yeah, and maybe on the forum display there's a star next to the title or something... like in GMail, a little star on the side.
I get what you mean. But honestly, you can use the Subscription system for just that.
I would rather have this than the subscription system Smile
Undecided I would say having this and the subscription system together is a waste as well they basically do the same thing one just emails you.
I think it may work. Why not.
I developed an addon for that some time ago...
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-28.html