MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can this happen??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought it was imposible for guests to use moderator tools cause they cant see them??

k776 Wrote:I thought it was imposible for guests to use moderator tools cause they cant see them??

Hmm take a look at the permissions of the guest group. I've heard of Googlebot finding things that are posted in open forum where it has access to. I notice Googlebot sending PM's Wink, we all know it can't, i'm sure it just found its way to the Moderator Tools.

Marc
If your permissions are set correctly, then the guest is probably attempting to perform some kind of moderation action (as simple as editing a post), but will be presented with the no permissions page before thay can do anything further.
I guess if they saw the tools, clicked on them and got a "your not permitted to use this tool" or something similar it would still count as using the tool even though there just being told that their not allowed.