MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plug-in Author credits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you think it's right, correct or fair a plug-in author extends their credits into pages their plugins do not exist?

I personally think whoever wants credit for a plug-in more than deserves the the right to get credit btw.

Example: Plug-in author creates a plug-in that works anywhere else other than the forum index. The plug-in author however extends their credits into the main forum index even though no work of theirs is present.

Please keep this civil
Honestly it depends on the plugin. I'm not saying they shouldn't get credit but you also don't want a footer full of credits.
don't like it tbh.
Rather have some sort of a thing where you can put their signature in footer on main page and not in the plugins.
It depends on the scale of the plugin and if it forms a major part of the site, for example the MyPS and MyPlaza plugins definitely deserve credit.

At the end of the day though if it is the author does wish to enforce a credit then thats their decision and not yours, your decision is whether you use that plugin or not. If they find no one is using their plugin and the reason is because of the credit then i am sure they will make a decision as to whether the practice or not.
Well, I personally think, even for MyPlaza, you should only see the credit in the Plaza. :/

I mean, for example, Adult Swim is an extremely large block of television, however, you don't see the Adult Swim icon while Cartoon Network is on. I suppose that isn't a good example, but it works. :/
To be honest to the plugin author imho it's little benefit and I don't see a need for the link credit. I had hundreds of links from 1.2x themes I put out and I think my pagerank was penalized for it. It probably looked like spam or paid links to Google. To this day Mybb Central has a 0 pagerank for no reason at all despite having solid inbound links.
(2009-08-30, 02:02 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest to the plugin author imho it's little benefit and I don't see a need for the link credit. I had hundreds of links from 1.2x themes I put out and I think my pagerank was penalized for it. It probably looked like spam or paid links to Google. To this day Mybb Central has a 0 pagerank for no reason at all despite having solid inbound links.

Very very interesting.. Google works in mysterious ways at times Big Grin Alexa appears then to be just the opposite?? Is that a correct statement Jesse? Would just tyed out link not linked work better? You'd still get credit then, just the link wouldn't work and have to be physically put in th search bar?

Regards
Alexa really doesn't work off inbound links.
I think its fair to have it on the plugin's working page only if its related to MyBB (like have a link to a Store plugin's development site on the store page, not globally).

@labrocca, I remember MyBB Central having pagerank a while ago, it probably get penalized.
Pages: 1 2