MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A bit of PHP help needed please...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am Rika Anju. I am new to MyBBoard.net but not MyBB BBS.

Okay what I kind of need help with is the following. Can any one help me with a simple 2 PHP scripts?

1st Script: The first script is a insert script which will add few things to MySQL DB, things like s_title, s_ep, s_url, s_views, s_key

Okay so brake down:
s_title = Video Title
s_ep = Video Episode for selected series title
s_url = Storing the location of .flv file which will be called on script 2
s_views = Simple views counter showing how many people have watched the selected title
s_key = Okey this is not know to me, and I have no idea in the whole world how to make this part to work, s_key or in other words Stream Key is a random 8 charecter key generated for the video that has been added to the database, so in script 2 if the user clicks on /-task/stream?=GHJK53L1 the video with this key will be called.

2nd Script: Okay what I need help with this script is a way to select and to show all of the information in one index.php file located in the stream directory rather then making new pages for each video.

As show on top if user goes to /-task/stream?=GHJK53L1 the video with this key will be called from the database.

If some one can help me with this I will be extreamly thankfull, I tryed tons of tutorials on how to insert things into MySQL and yet everything failed, and for some reason I dont know what to do for the select part.

- Thanks for your help.
-- Rika Anju
Okey, I made this quick select script but I have a strong feeling that its not corect and that something has to be changed in it.

<?php

switch ($_POST['page'])

case "media":
	// stream framework
	mysql_query("SELECT * FROM conMedia WHERE id = '$sid', title = '$title', video = '$mediaURL'");
	echo "some code to show the mysql_query results as flash object";

break;

?>