MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Myth about 1.4x plugins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it's been stated a few times that there was more 1.2x plugins than 1.4x plugins. I just did a count. It's so not true.

1.2 has 289 plugins listed in mods db. That's probably fairly accurate because at the time almost all plugins were released there. Now you might see 511 when you view the archive but there are 222 as themes. In 1.4x themes are not listed in mods.

1.4x has 315 plugins listed. So right there 1.4x beats 1.2x. Now you have to add all the plugins not in the database and imho that's at minimum another 100. I have 40+ at Mybb Central and I think Mybb Source has at least another 100. Then a few are peppered elsewhere or just available in the forums. I would guess then nearly 600 but certainly more than 500. That's about DOUBLE the amount of 1.2x plugins that were available.

Now on top of that add all the 1.2x plugins that had become 1.4x features. So for those that like to believe 1.4x isn't developed well and that plugins are scarce...it's just a myth. Yes some large plugins do not yet exist like a comprehensive gallery or a cms but imho those will likely appear in the 2x branch in the future. The existing body of work available is imho extensive.

Thank you.

(btw this is not a paid vs free debate it's about current development)
lol, Labrocca laying down the law the logical way.
I mentioned this quite often in the debates...
We do have plugins for almost everything, when I look thorugh the request section I don't see something useful to develop quite often
[sarcasm](I develop MyBB default features again for that reason then)[/sarcasm]

Thanks for the stats Jesse Smile
Interesting statistics Toungue
Thanks
0_o Congratz for the Chris for such a huge stats for 1.4.x plugins.
Quantity != Quality.
i got for quality either even if it is paid or not.. quality will only sucks your forum db and might got server load.. anyway thanks for the info stat.. Smile i may say.. mybb plugins going bigger now..
(2009-08-31, 12:03 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Quantity != Quality.

Agree 100%
Agreed that quantity != quality..at least for some authors that think releasing a pile a junk is a good thing. Make one great plugin and screw the small and useless stuff.
Quote:quality will only sucks your forum db and might got server load

i was wrong about the given quote above.. i mean was Quantity of plugins will suck your forum server loading.. Smile

having many plugins will slow down your forum right?
Pages: 1 2