MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing the Logo on the Admin CP Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After some intense digging, I found out how to get the main part of my new forums to accept my "logo.png" files instead of "logo.gif" files.

I had to go to \admin\styles\default\main.css and the concordant .css sheet in the sharepoint directory. Therein lie the logo parameters for the forum pages. I change it to read "logo.png" instead of "log.gif" and I changed the spacing from 83pixels to 180pixels (you can see the results by following the links below).

Neighborly Sims 3
Neighborly Sims 2

However, that didn't change the logo at the top of my Admin CP pages! Because I had deleted the existing MyBB logo (logo.gif) from the Images directory, I now have NO logo at the top of the Admin CP pages. That's OK, but I would rather have my own.

Search as I may, I haven't been able to find the .css sheet to change, to make that happen. Can you help me. please?

This is only for the default style, which is what I finally settled on for everyone...I'm just doing the changes that I need to personalize it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
There's a setting for the forum's logo in the theme settings... the stylesheets you mentioned are nothing to do with the forum, they're just the ACP. The location of the image at the top of the ACP is ./admin/styles/default/images/...
Yes...I already said I changed the one forum setting (main.css) that I could see, and that worked for all the forum pages, themselves.

I'll look in the ./admin/styles/default/images/... directory to see if there's a logo.gif file located there that I should replace with my logo.png file. I wonder, though, since when I pulled the logo.gif file from the forum-wide Images directory, it disappeared from my ACP page...

That's a bit strange, if it was relying on a different file...
I did go into the appropriate Images directory and removed the "logo.gif" file there. I had already realized there must be another graphics file for the log-in page--what turned out to be the "login_logo.gif" file. I replaced that with one I had prepared to go there, and added my "logo.png" which did, indeed, go to the appropriate place on the ACP.

I still have a question, though, about the way those logo areas work. In my Neighborly Sims 3 forum, the space remained about 83 pixels tall, while the forum pages increased to the 180 pixels I specified in the "main.css" page. In my Neighborly Sims 2 forum, I did exactly the same things, but the space at the ACP top increased to the 180 pixels...well...that's nice, BUT...the toplist area jumped up on the right side, to the center of teh 180 pixels. What's up with that?

These were two identical forums to begin with, and both have the same plug-ins, so I don't understand why one would do one thing, and the other do something different.

I'd be glad to allow someone to look at the pages through a temporary Admin account, if any of your are as curious as I am. Maybe you have a clue what to even look for. I looked through all the templates in the templates CP, but couldn't find anything at all that I could identify, that might impact that happening.

It's not life or death. At least I can see which forum I'm in, now, on the main Admin page, and that's what was mainly important to me.