MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [UPDATED][SEO] Simple TagCloud Plugin for myBB v 0.9a - Tag Cloud (beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Hello Mr. watt

I hope You Would be Including the tags Deleting feature in the next Version ,

i have one more suggestion to avoid the post duplication

on a tag page (for example for tag windows 7 the page would be yoursite.com/tag/windows-7) there are first post of threads related with that tags (eg windows-7) so what i mean to say the content is duplicated (first in orginal thread page and again in tag page) ,

Check this Link

the lines in bold dark color mean the content is duplicated on both the pages,

Suggestion: To Avoid Content Duplication , the tag page should have only thread title with links to respective threads

Like for example http://desktophelp.in/forums/tag/windows-7 this page should have this output

Quote:1- ExoPC Slate has iPad looks, netbook internals, Windows 7 soul - Ojas
2- Windows Live Mail as the default program - Hattie
3- GA-MA78GPM-DS2H SPDIF not working - Rowena
4- Problem installing Windows 7 - Mr.A

rather than

Quote:1- ExoPC Slate has iPad looks, netbook internals, Windows 7 soul - Ojas
duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content

2- Windows Live Mail as the default program - Hattie
duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content

3- GA-MA78GPM-DS2H SPDIF not working - Rowena
duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content duplicated content

4- Problem installing Windows 7 - Mr.A

I hope you understand mr watt ,if not then let me know
Yes, because those threads had got "Laptop" and "Radeon Mobility" tags, it's all about Internal links. Tags hasn't got whole content (only 1000 characters) so 2 link to one thread make it stronger.
Look that it has got link to this thread and other titles I talk to some friends and it's not bad, I didn't check how it affest page rang, but internal links are good for board.

Using only links make page useless, google will treat it as weak non-content page. You can always delete content from those pages (in themes Smile )
anyway to make it so it automatically adds tags to a thread where users cannot edit it except add their own tags?
(2010-02-09, 07:06 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]anyway to make it so it automatically adds tags to a thread where users cannot edit it except add their own tags?

thank you, i feel like were asking the same thing the only thing is not allowing users creating tags , so that once the tread is posted it will take the tags out of the begining of the tread title and automatically place them int othe index tags Wink
(2010-02-09, 12:00 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-09, 07:06 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]anyway to make it so it automatically adds tags to a thread where users cannot edit it except add their own tags?

thank you, i feel like were asking the same thing the only thing is not allowing users creating tags , so that once the tread is posted it will take the tags out of the begining of the tread title and automatically place them int othe index tags Wink

yep...gets annoying having to go back and add tags when someone deletes the pre-selected tags.
exactly Wink
So what do you suggest ?
(2010-02-10, 05:22 PM)Watt Wrote: [ -> ]So what do you suggest ?

I told you what I suggested..a way to make it so non-admins/moderators cannot remove the tags from a thread, but can add additional tags..
My idea is to have a separate database table with a column for the tag, one for the thread id, and one which indicates if that tag's been approved by admin (or moderator).

When viewing a thread, below the cloud of approved tags, have a text box for the visitor to propose new tags. Upon submission, the proposed tags are checked against existing tags, and any new ones are added to the database marked as unapproved. Admin (and possibly moderators) need to see the list of tags to delete or approve tags.

This structure simplifies your queries when finding which threads have a certain tag, and eliminates tag spam and use of vulgarity.
(2010-02-11, 04:17 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-10, 05:22 PM)Watt Wrote: [ -> ]So what do you suggest ?

I told you what I suggested..a way to make it so non-admins/moderators cannot remove the tags from a thread, but can add additional tags..

members they can add additional tags ( enable or disable ) can be a option in the ACP?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46