MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Co-Admin question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have admins (default super admin group) and co-admins (custom admin group) in my forum. Is there a way to prevent that a co-admin change his own usergroup to the admin group?

However, I wouldn't like to disallow them to manage users (a possible solution).

Is there a way to disallow them to edit his own user account on the admin CP?

Any help would be appreciated. Smile
Well if they are a admin for you, you kinda have to trust them right? Other wise why hire them at all. But there is a way to do this you need to go to Users And Groups then click on Admin Permissions then click on Group Permissions Then click on the group.

Users and group >> Admin Permissions >> Group Permissions >> the group you want to edit
(2009-08-31, 03:40 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Well if they are a admin for you, you kinda have to trust them right? Other wise why hire them at all.

You may want to think about a case in where you need co-admin to manage, let's say... users, but you don't want them to mess up with the installed plugins.

(2009-08-31, 03:40 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]But there is a way to do this you need to go to Users And Groups then click on Admin Permissions then click on Group Permissions Then click on the group.

Users and group >> Admin Permissions >> Group Permissions >> the group you want to edit

And that's the way to do... what? :/

What option should I set up to avoid the co-admins to edit their own user accounts? or at least to avoid them to change their own usergroup to a higher privileged account?

I'll appreciate the help ^^
>,< thats the way to make it so they can't edit there own account Toungue I also forgot to say once you click on the group you want to edit there should be a tab users and groups click on that
(2009-08-31, 05:52 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]>,< thats the way to make it so they can't edit there own account Toungue

=/ I'm sorry but I can't see that option. I see:

-Can manage users?
-Can manage user groups?
-etc

But I don't see something like:

- Can manage his own user group or his own user account?

You'll see.. I would still like them to be able to edit regular users ^^"
There is an option for it Wink

[attachment=15198]
Thank you for replying my friend. I just tested it, and I'm afraid that won't disallow them to edit their own user account and change the usergroup they belong from "co-admin" to "admin".
Hmmmm is that right... huh well im sorry i dunno what else to do i will try to find something else =/
Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Does anyone else want to contribute on this topic?
(2009-08-31, 03:02 PM)EviLito Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have admins (default super admin group) and co-admins (custom admin group) in my forum. Is there a way to prevent that a co-admin change his own usergroup to the admin group?

It wouldn't make a difference, they'll have the exact same permissions whatever admin group they're in. The default group isn't a super admin group, you're only a super admin if your UID is in the super admins section of ./inc/config.php... and the only benefits to being a super admin are that you can't be edited, deleted or banned.
Pages: 1 2