MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: please help me change mybb site name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I am not sure how to explain this very well so bear with me

I want to know how i change the keywords under my site name in Google? im not really sure how to explain it so i have taken a screen shot of mybb for an example.

[Image: 2s9qdk7.jpg]

I have put a ring around the text i want to change now of course my site doesn’t have the same keywords but im just using mybb as the example as my forum is not yet ready

Please tell me how i do this

Thanks if you can help
I don't really think that you can do that because and i am not sure but google takes the info from your site there is nothing that you can do from mybb execpt change the description i guess.
Pretty sure that is the description showing...??

In your headerinclude template, add this:

<meta name="description" content="Description goes here" /> 
Thanks

No the description says something completely different at the top my description says free forum join now but under mysite name it says something else

Let me explain something and this might be why but i dont know.. i got my website from godaddy and i am using a free host at the moment just so i can test everything. at godaay i forwarded my website name to the free host and it asked me to put some keywords in just rushing through i mistyped it.

Now i have since been back to update it at godaddy but still it shows the old key words under my site name

So maybe i have to wait or maybe thats not even the problem?
You have to wait until Google reindexes it again. It could take a few days.