MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: google bot help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi sir,

I have hidden some forum for guests...Will it affect google bot entering those hidden forum coz google bot is a guest and if they cannot see some forum then they may not index those pages..

My main question is that should i unhide whole forum for guests or google bots can see hidden threads and forums???
Make the google bot a member then that way the guests can't go there but the bots can Big Grin i do that for my google bot
If bots are set to view the board as a guest, which is how it's setup by default, they'll see exactly what guests see. If a guest can't see something, GoogleBot won't. You could create a new group for bots and set permissions for that, then make bots use the bots group, problem with that is that the stuff you don't want guests seeing will be indexed in Google anyway...
I want google bot to index my full forum weather it is hidden or unhidden....So should i make seperate group for google bots??? And how gropu will know that it is google bot only????

I want clear explaination sir..
Ok i made a group with name google bot....Now how to assign bots in that group??? Bots are not registered members....How to add bots in that group...Sad
If you go to ACP > Configuration > Spiders / Bots > **choose bot** > User Group > change it to the new group.
Wooww sir u are simply great..Thanx a lot sir...