MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Desperately Need a Converter / Merger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am desperate for a converter / merge system to bring Wowbb / WowClassic software to Mybb.

Wowbb and WowClassic use the same database tables with Classic having a little more. I'll explain to the person who takes on the job.

Wowbb customers are very dissatisfied with the software and all it's issues and WowClassic owners are up in arms because the software discontinued and there is now no support and the software has had bug issues that will not ever be resolved now.

I have a few clients who desperately need to convert.
I had paid someone to do this for me back in May but time became quite an issue and he had to back out on me.

My best client has to be converted and soon. I want my people to convert to Mybb instead of going with another software causing me to drop them.

Is there anyone willing to do this?
I can provide test databases and software to use and test.
Converter must work before full payment is rendered. I am flexible on terms.

I am also looking for someone to make me some theme "templates". Meaning - I need certain code features that I am not capable of doing myself but I want a theme based off the default theme with said features that I can use as a base template. I will provide photos and details to anyone willing to talk business.

My biggest concern right now is the converter.

Anyone interested please PM me and we'll talk more.
Hope you got your money back from the paid in May guy.

Developing a converter is a lot of work but it does not take that long - unless you don't know what you're doing or you don't have much time to work on it, in which case you probably shouldn't ask to get paid.

I've made two converters for MyBB so far, one for RapidForum, a proprietary forum hoster - very ugly database structure with compressed strings and different charsets in it - and one for MyLittleForum, a small tree-based Open Source forum system.

They're both unrelated to the Merge system, written in Python, and Open Source. You can find them here (sorry, it's in German):

http://www.mybbcoder.info/thema-3000.html
http://www.mybbcoder.info/thema-3362.html

I could probably do something similar for you, if you pay me, and allow me to release it as Open Source so others can use it for free (i.e. you'd be donating the converter you paid for to the MyBB community).
I got my money back. I have no issue with him and I consider him a friend. Things just didn't work out is all. This post is not intended to rag on him.

My deal was that I pay for the converter and I keep it exclusively as my own. I dunno - where I come from, I pay for something I own it. There was more in the deal but it's irrelevant at the moment. I am not a wealthy person and unless it's a very minimal fee, I don't know that I would want to do that. You'd need to talk price to me to get better answer out of me.
This job has been taken. Thanks for all inquiries.