MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Connection issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I seam to be having connection issues with my forums, most of the time they all work fine and load fast but every now and again members keep getting connection timed out and unable to connect, people have to keep constantly refreshing to get pages to load.

http://www.gtforums.co.uk/gtforumsc1/index.php

I would say it happens at least once every two days, I have called the server providers with little help, they say everything is fine?
I have also tried lots of settings and different con-figs to stop this happening but I still get the errors.
The main site's pages never get this problem and always load instantly so it's just the mysql. I have also left settings and plug-ins for a while and not changed anything but every now and again I still get the connection issues.

one snap shot,

Generated in 7.2446649 seconds (0.99% PHP / 99.01% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 15 / Global Parsing Time: 6.5191610 / Memory Usage: 4.25 MB
PHP version: 5.2.6 / Server Load: 3.99 / GZip Compression: Enabled
[advanced details]

another,
Generated in 0.1616859 seconds (43.39% PHP / 56.61% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 15 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0739090 / Memory Usage: 4 MB
PHP version: 5.2.6 / Server Load: 1.33 / GZip Compression: Enabled
[advanced details]

thing is what am I to do if the sever providers keep telling me nothing is wrong?

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks.
Comparing those two sets of stats, as you said, MySQL is being strangled when it's loading slowly... I'd ask your host to look at it again, doesn't seem fine to me and I can't think of much you could do, those 15 queries are probably default queries so plugins wouldn't affect it. 15 queries taking that long is a joke.
Thanks,

Maybe I should take a few snap shots like those and email to my provider?
Yeah, if they have screenshots of proof it's slow they might be inclined to look at it more.